Old 03-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #11

Ggrrr----we have a 2015 v-lite and heading down the highway as we speak (type). I was inside doing my normal departure stuff and feel the truck bump the trailer..."crap." Hard! It's a lot easier when we both hook it up. Anyway...I keep hearing the electric jack go up and down with lots of bouncing all over the place....not good for the vertigo...lol Then all the sudden, a big clunk...I mean BIG! I may or may not have said more than "crap" this time. I outside and say....what the hell was that? The red blocks were next to the jack and it was smooshed in the mud.....he said he bent the electric jack. Oh yay! I just go back inside....women.....know when to keep quiet. Lol After a lot more fumbling around out there, he opens the door and asks me if I'm ready to have the water shut off. Wth! I have no clue how bad this is cause I just glanced at it (didn't even see any silver), but this rv park we're heading to doesn't have any available pull-thrus. Should I just bail at the next pit stop? Lol

Old 03-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #12

had a customer in one time, pulled out her shore cable. after replacing it, i informed her I would check it out by plugging in. she remarked, " oh wow, how thorough!". I said yeah, if I got this wrong you could get a terrible shock. as I said this I touch the door and pretended to recieve a terrible shock. she almost had a coronary. never saw her again. lesson learned...

Old 03-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amys View Post
Ggrrr----we have a 2015 v-lite and heading down the highway as we speak (type). I was inside doing my normal departure stuff and feel the truck bump the trailer..."crap." Hard! It's a lot easier when we both hook it up. Anyway...I keep hearing the electric jack go up and down with lots of bouncing all over the place....not good for the vertigo...lol Then all the sudden, a big clunk...I mean BIG! I may or may not have said more than "crap" this time. I outside and say....what the hell was that? The red blocks were next to the jack and it was smooshed in the mud.....he said he bent the electric jack. Oh yay! I just go back inside....women.....know when to keep quiet. Lol After a lot more fumbling around out there, he opens the door and asks me if I'm ready to have the water shut off. Wth! I have no clue how bad this is cause I just glanced at it (didn't even see any silver), but this rv park we're heading to doesn't have any available pull-thrus. Should I just bail at the next pit stop? Lol

LOL This, along with collapsing the rear stabilizer jacks, opening the main slide with a rubber piece hanging from the roof and jacking it up, along with my new topper, flooding the bunk room because he wanted to stand under the outdoor kitchen door, then forgot to close it during a torrential rain......etc., will be funny one day, right?! Does anyone know what the divorce rate is for newbies? LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #14

Thanks for the stories everyone. It made me feel a bit better about my complete act of stupidity.

Well $250 later, I have the Husky Brute 4500. I will tell you that it has no idea there is a Roo attached. The motor sound exactly the same whether its going up or down! IT IS A BEAST! I highly recommend it !

Tags
roo, roo 19, tongue jack