Old 08-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #11
Alleged curmudgeon
Welcome Bryan, and enjoy your "new to you" rig. Family camping is a great thing.

2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
For those times when you need both hands free, and there will be some.

Costco Sale: Superex 3 Headlamps $7.99 | Frugal Hotspot

Military surplus poncho you can wear it or lay on it as needed, if it gets dirty you can just hose it off and hang it to dry.

A handy thing to have.

A multi meter is a good thing to have.

Spare fuses and bulbs.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
Since it's getting to the season where the nights get chilly, I would suggest you get an electric heater of some kind. Use the electricity at the campground instead of your propane. Unless of course you're dry camping. Also, get some pie irons for campfire cooking. You can make breakfast, lunch, and dinner in those things.
jking46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
I would venture to say that we have pretty much the same exact HTT. Mine is listed also as a M-18 too. Just it's a 2000 year. Hmmmm.

Check out this link of an earlier sold M-18. This is how mine looks, except for the changing of seat cushion covers material. Is yours the same?

Colonial Airstream NJ - 2000 Flagstaff Shamrock M-18 19'1" by Forest River
Yes that is very close to what we have.
Cosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #15
Great thoughts thank you everyone, i knew there was alot more than i could think of. This is very helpful getting me started.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #16
check out the PVC pipe bunk end mods to help prevent rain infiltration...

Proper closing up and tucking in technique of tent beds on ROO 23ss

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #17
Welcome! If you Google RV checklists there is lots of good info. Also apps too. They will be a reasonable place to start and you can fine tune things as you go along. Don't overthink it - relax and have fun. Sometimes making do with forgotten items leads to the most fun!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #18

Oh...and don't forget the white water hose for your fresh water. A standard green or blue won't do. And don't forget the stuff to go in the potty. When we had our Shamrock, it had a slide the length of the camper and the mattresses were heated, which was a nice touch on those chilly nights. In our bathroom, we placed a clear shield both on the edge of the vanity (next to the shower) and along the bottom of the shower(there again, next to the vanity) to prevent the shower curtain from coming out of the shower and getting the floor wet.

Some lights to go on your awning (with clips) would also be a nice touch. Sometimes, particularly at this time of year, Target usually marks them way, way down. Extra extension cords and a couple of clear plastic shoeboxes to put all those odds & ends in. And don't forget a nice big flashlight. Make sure your propane tanks are full - nothing like going to cook breakfast and no propane for the stove. And, a lighter to light the stove (& oven?) along with matches for the campfire. Some "fat wood" is also nice for starting the campfire. Of course, don't forget the marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey Bars. Nothing says camping better than these around the campfire at night. And you can pick up some marshmallow "sticks - extendable - at WalMart in their camping section.

Have fun and welcome to the world of camping. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do. You'll meet some of the nicest and most helpful people in a campground.
Sloopie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #19
Ok camper delivered to house today, first question there are fuses by micro but i can not find a fuse box anywhere? Anybody know where it is? I don't want to look in the middle of the night in a storm
Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #20
Also is there an online retailer you guys use for parts? Such as handles, awnings, lights etc?
Thank you so much everyone