Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #21

I like the ottoman idea, need something to prop up the feet plus have additional seating when needed. As far as storage, we have bought all the supplies we would ever need and still have empty storage space.
Nccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #22
Always Learning

Include my vote for the breakdown ottomans. To me, they make my sofa comfortable where before it was pretty unpleasant- almost like it is just a shy not deep enough.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #23
Incheon, S. Korea

Towing is gonna be fun... I foresee a WDH, airbags, and a BIG gas bill.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #24

BigBaron, I'm new to this, what's WDH?
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleydoo View Post
BigBaron, I'm new to this, what's WDH?
WDH = Weight Distributing Hitch

And, here's a thread with acronyms:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post493366

Toodles.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #26

Thank you. I did see that list and figured it had something to do with the weight distribution. But, since the list didn't actually show WDH, I wasn't sure if he had something else in mind.

Thanks for responding with the link.

By the way, do you know how people show the map of the U.S. highlighting states they have camped in?

Bonnie
Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Thank you. I did see that list and figured it had something to do with the weight distribution. But, since the list didn't actually show WDH, I wasn't sure if he had something else in mind.

By the way, do you know how people show the map of the U.S. highlighting states they have camped in?

Bonnie
Camping World?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #28
Always Learning

Quote:

Bonnie
You mean in your posts?

See this thread. It looks like the site is posted to generate the map and KyDan posts instructions for how to add it to your profile:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-map-2645.html
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Camping World?
And for a real one to stick on your camper- I agree, Camping World has them. But I don't like the style of the license plates.

This is the one that I want:
RV Travel Map | Signs of Life | Estes Park, Colorado

Problem is, wife says it's ugly and claims she'll make one (yeah, when pigs fly!).
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #30

Sorry, I didn't clarify.....yes at the end of the signature in the posts.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #31
Incheon, S. Korea

You should search for WDH threads and be sure to get the right spring bars for your tongue weight. There are many different ones, so choosing is quite a process!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #32

The 23IKSS is on the parking pad along side the house! I towed it home with no problems. My husband guided me and we got it backed into it's spot pretty quick.

I have been loading the stuff from the popup into this one and have room for lots more stuff! On Sunday we extended the front bed, I made it up, put some Hawaiian music on the CD player and took a short nap.....nice.

Forest River gives you a towel bar for the bathroom but the studs don't line up to securely install it....I think the 3M command hooks might be better.

So far so good. We just need to study the winterizing and de-winterizing for our trip south and then return.

We don't plan to use the gas grill....it's really heavy and I prefer to grill with charcoal. We want to use the rear area where it attaches to the trailer for the Smart Tote.

The beds need to be put back up today as we are going to get rain and possible a few snow flurries today.

Bonnie
Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #33

dinette table

We made the drive from Wisconsin to Georgia just fine. One night we had to sleep inside and the next night we were able to extend the beds. It sure is a comfortable unit.

My question is whether or not the table can be left in the up position while towing. What do you other people do? It could be padded by the window side just to be safe and a box or two on the floor to keep from moving sideways.

Thanks for any advice, we are new to this trailer world but sure do love it so far.

Bonnie
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #34

During our PDI, I noticed there was some slight scarring on the island at the same height of the table in the up position. Looked like the dealer towed it back from the show with the table up. I always put my dinette in the 'bed' position.
Nccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #35

Quote:

My question is whether or not the table can be left in the up position while towing. What do you other people do?
We have never put the table down - about 3,500 miles towed this summer. However, on the trip home from the dealer we found the table worked over against the island and left a mark on the cabinet door.

We have a double sleeping bag that we unzip and use as a comforter on the bed. When we take it off to fold the bed up we just put that over the table. It keeps the table from rubbing on the island and keeps the other end from banging against the window frame.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #36

We just returned from our first 2,000 mile trip with our new unit. We left the table down because the weather was rainy and really cold from Wisconsin to Georgia. I did have one night in the bump down bed in Kentucky when it started warming up a bit.

Once in Georgia we started having problems with condensation. The nights were cool, 30's or a little lower and sometimes rain. One night the top of the bed tent was dripping a little from condensation, but the whole roof was wet. I had the vent open in the bathroom and the 2 side vents in the bed open a bit. No one took a shower and no cooking was done that night.

Now it is less than 10° outside and the frame around the bed is frosty. It was that way from Tennessee all the way home. I took the mattress out because it was getting damp.

Does anyone have suggestions how to prevent these problems? We probably won't head south again for a few months but it will still be cold here and want to prevent any damage from condensation and frost.

Thanks,

Bonnie
Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #37
Site Team

Bonnie, first question is did you have Popup Gizmos on your trip? these are suggested and talked about all the time here in the Hybrid section and are the #1 mod for Hybrids. or at least the generic solar blanket versions.
second question is did you have a fan running, in addition to the vents open?

you need a yes to both of these questions, if you want to combat weather that's perfect for forming condensation.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #38

No, we don't have the pop up gizmos, yet. We only had the trailer about a week before heading south. I have heard of them and will contact them this week or next to get more information on our unit.

I did have two side vents in the bed area open a bit. The ceiling fan in the bathroom was running for a while then we turned it off but left it open. Guess that wasn't enough.....live and learn.

Thanks for your information and where to look here for more.

Bonnie
Old 12-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #39
Site Team

you'll be amazed at how much the Gizmos will help.

that's why they and their generic cousins, solar/sportsmen blankets, are the #1 mod for Hybrids.
nearly all who equip their hybrid with them, have nothing but positive reviews.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock