Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #21

Congratulations and welcome to the Roo crew!

I too was a bit concerned about the stories about leaks and issues after ordering our Roo. Other than some leakage due to not enough "seasoning of the canvas" and not enough caulk in one little hole, we've had no issues at all since the first trip.

Everything works just fine and there's been no reason to take it back to the dealer for anything yet. ( Knock on wood!)

Enjoy your new home away from home, you're gonna love it!
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #22

new camper

Do yourself a favor there is a lot of good advice on this forum. But coming from a aerospace background in Inspection the best advice I can give is this...This is going to be your camper for the foreseeable future take the time when it arrives to inspect it from head to toe open every closet look at the obvious and not so obvious like moldings, under carriage take your time don't be rushed. Then you can give the dealer a list of fixes to get completed before you take possession it's a pain going back and forth to the dealer for items you could have caught before picking up. we are all anxious to get our new campers but take time to inspect i'm convinced they don't do a good job at the factory. Good Luck!
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #23

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
Do yourself a favor there is a lot of good advice on this forum. But coming from a aerospace background in Inspection the best advice I can give is this...This is going to be your camper for the foreseeable future take the time when it arrives to inspect it from head to toe open every closet look at the obvious and not so obvious like moldings, under carriage take your time don't be rushed. Then you can give the dealer a list of fixes to get completed before you take possession it's a pain going back and forth to the dealer for items you could have caught before picking up. we are all anxious to get our new campers but take time to inspect i'm convinced they don't do a good job at the factory. Good Luck!
Great suggestion! Yesterday we spent about 2 hours "inspecting" and "hanging out" in the trailer we will end up purchasing as well as the same trailer in a different color scheme but with the same options. Along with intentionally looking everywhere, we also "lived" in it for quite a while. Sitting, laying on the beds, using what we could (using the head would not have been appropriate), etc. I have sometimes found that you notice different things when you are "living" in it. For example, when you are sitting in the seats in all the various positions you may see under a cabinet or feel something under a cushion or notice that something wasn't aligned correctly. We opened and close all the drawers. We opened and closed all the windows and blinds. We put the beds up and down. We laid on the beds - both directions. We made up the dinette bed. Then we pulled the dinette table out and tried the different heights. Ours has a sofa bed the some of had issues with so we set it up, laid on it, opened up the drawer, etc. Part of this helped us envision whether in fact this trailer would work for us. We tried to imagine and discussed how we would live out of it. What about this, what about that. Part of it helped us learn how the trailer works. But it also exposed a handful of things that needed to be corrected. A couple places where moulding was coming lose. The fact that one of the fabric-covered "end caps" on the dinette had been positioned too high and would eventually be broken loose by someone. Minor things. Nothing mechanical. But we had them write everything down and they agreed to fix all of it before we agreed to purchase.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #24

Congratulations and welcome. We went from having a Forest River popup for 14 years and no leaks. This year we upgraded to the 2015 Rockwood Roo 23ikss. We have been through a few heavy downpours and no leaks when stationary. Drivng in the rain we found water comes in under the slide out under the dinette. The dealer is looking into it now and it's in for repair. Friends of ours that bought the same model is having this problem too. Don't let that discourage you though, we love the hybrid. I think it's just a manufacturing malfunction that will be corrected. Enjoy your new camper.

Tags
dealer