Old 04-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
Kitchen Slide out track protector

I know there has been a post or two regarding the black plastic cable protector, but I am wondering if anyone has gotten this problem solved? We already had ours "fixed" by the dealer (they made a clean slice and attached it back together with a metal plate. Well it has broken once again. We ordered a new one from Lippert, but like others have said it is much slimmer then the original. Plus the cable system is extensive and it does not look like anything I can handle. Any suggestions? Has anyone contacted Forest River about this issue?
2014 Shamrock 231Kss

The Happy Campers
Erin (the wife)
Nick (the dog)
and sometimes the M-I-L
Reynolds551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #2
A pic would help to know what your talking about

bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
There is a thread here where a fellow Roo owner used a outdoor gate hinge to make his permanent repair. Mine broke last August coming back from a 225 mi trip. When I pulled into the yard I noticed it hanging down and the edge was within an inch of the tire. Our Roo was only 11 mo old and I purchased the 2nd year warrantee. I notified the dealer and sent pics. The dealer said they'd order it and let me know when it was in. 6 weeks later, no new guard and I had to get ready for a trip. So I used cable ties to hold it together. When we got back the dealer staff changed over again. The old parts manager said it was in so I went down. They ordered the single cable bracket (which I think is the one you got). I told them it was the wrong one and brought them out to the 23ikss on their lot. They said they'd order the correct one. Over the winter I kept emailing them and FR. The service department cycled employees again. In March they said it was in. Went to the dealer and they had no record of it. I showed them their email. They said they'd order it right away. Meanwhile FR parts dept replied and said I could order one from them if I wanted to pay for it. I questioned why I needed to pay for something under warrantee. She said (I'll leave her name out since many people here have had good experiences with her) she only handles parts and not warrantees. Finally, the bracket came in. When I went to pick it up, they said it would be $56. I asked why since it was under warrantee and I have the 2nd year warrantee? They said they had no record of me or the camper (which I purchased from them on 9/14). They wrote it off as a dealer cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brokenbracket.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	106583  
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
2015 Shamrock 23IKSS Hose Harness
Les & Heidi Kramer
2010 GMC Sierra SLE & 2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Cleveland, OH
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
This is what we did
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	106602  
DMMILLER55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
Carknocker Family
When mine broke, repatched, broke again. Swapped them out for metal banding material. No problems now.

Nights camped 2014...26
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out