Old 05-22-2015, 12:24 AM   #1

Kudos to House of Camping & Forest River

I just wanted to acknowledge my recent positive experience with George from House of Camping and the Forest River warranty team.

We purchased our new Roo 23IKSS from HOC in December and had it delivered to us in SoCal. I was able to do a complete inspection and PDI in Chicago before finalizing the deal. Everything went as expected and HOC performed as promised.

Unfortunately, the one feature we did not test during the PDI was the DVD function on the Genisis GT2. Of course, once we tested it at home the dang thing ate the first DVD we inserted and would not respond to any dvd commands despite trying everything under the sun.

Fast forward to last week when I finally got a chance to send the Genisis unit back to HOC. They received the bad unit on Friday, and got things processing with Forest River.

Today I come home and find that UPS has delivered a new IRV33 unit to me! So less than a one week turnaround. We couldn't be more pleased.

We're very happy that we decided to buy from HOC. I know that folks have had mixed experiences buying across the country. I must say that it has worked out well for us so far.

Thanks again to George/House of Camping and Forest River for coming through for us!

Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Yep, HOC is a great dealer.
We bought our 23SS from them and drove 2000 miles one way to pick it up.
They did a great PDI and even installed our Equal-i-zer for free, even though we bought it from another dealer.
George gave us a price we couldn't pass on.
I always recommend them.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:56 AM   #3

Hopefully the IRV33 works out well for you. Only speaking for ours, It's been a bit... Trying, lol. I'm glad things worked out!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #4

Thanks for posting a "happy" story. Nice break from reading about problems not being handled.

Ken
Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdyquibb View Post
Hopefully the IRV33 works out well for you. Only speaking for ours, It's been a bit... Trying, lol.
So I'm not the only one....

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #6

Yes, we're concerned about the problems we've read about the IRV units as well. But our Geneisis was definitely bad whereas we [I]might[I] get lucky with the IRV unit.

But I'm planning on saving all the packing materials until we get things thoroughly tested!

BTW, does anyone know whether the IRV and Genisis are made by the same manufacturer? They seem to share too many similarities - functions, features and drawbacks to be coincidental.

Pretty disappointing that this is considered by RV builders to be an adequate entertainment solution. It would seem that the number of issues and warranty claims with both the Genisis and IRV units would cost-justify sourcing higher quality systems.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #7

I bought my Roo in 2008 from HOC and they were great then too. Very family like..
Old 05-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #8
21 FBRS 97 nights camped

genisus bad also

Ours won't play the end of movies.
Forrest river gladly replaced it.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #9
REV

I also purchased my hw276 at HOC they've earned my business for life.. awesome group of people.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martingale View Post
Pretty disappointing that this is considered by RV builders to be an adequate entertainment solution. It would seem that the number of issues and warranty claims with both the Genisis and IRV units would cost-justify sourcing higher quality systems.
I think that since these type RVs are more campers, than high end motorhomes, they don't get higher quality systems.
I agree because I bought my hybrid for camping, not for needing a high end entertainment system.
We still have the original Concertone system and we're fine with it.
We don't need a 5.1 surround sound system because we camp to get away from all that kind of stuff.
We prefer the sounds of nature, to the sounds of a surround speakers entertainment system.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river