Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

leak

Just purchased a 2012 rockwood roo 21DK in December. Well, to say it short, went out today and put the tent ends up in order to pull the mattresses as we like to store stuff inside and just haven't had time until now to do so. Both tent ends have a small strip of material that kind of runs "above the hinge" so to speak. it is on the "floor" of the tent end when they are deployed. This area is leaking. It is leaking to the point that we have mold around the white/beige portion of the tent about 8-10 inches worth on all three "sides" of the tent. Has anyone had this issue? my wife and I are bedside ourselves as when we purchased this popup we were told there were no issues by a fairly reputable dealer in the central ohio area. Please help, we are sick to our stomaches knowing we haven't even gotten to use this camper and don't want to expose our children to this.
bdeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, first mistake is that you took the word of a dealer, on a used hybrid.
you should have made a pressure leak test part of the deal.

then you took it home and apparently never checked the bunk ends for 3 months, during the winter, when seals can be comprimised from cold and rain.

owning a hybrid requires more vigilance/maintenence than a regular TT.
especially on a used hybrid where you have no idea if the previous owner took care of it and maintained it.

Your only options at this point, is to to take it back to the dealer and raise hell with them.
the other option is to attend the Goshen Rally and see if the factory techs will help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #3

I appreciate your insight, but want to know if this has happened to anyone else and what the fix was.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #4
Site Team

There could be a number of reasons.
Bad/torn/compressed seals, leaking overhead marker lights, warped bunk door, canvas not tucked properly are the most common reasons.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:01 AM   #5

thanks

will check into these problems tomorrow. i haven't had much time to do anything i work full time and go to school full time and am in a fellowship for school. i get off work at 0730 and will not rest until figure out what it is. i was very careful about closing it up. will attempt the pvc trick and the rubber washer trick.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #6

help

So had my neighbor spray the camper from top down as I sat inside watching for a leak. No leak identified. However when the end was opened, the material in the bottom corner on door side was damp. Now the material from the outside was bone dry. I posted a new thread w pics and more detail.

Tags
leak