Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #1

leak near front bed in 19' roo hybrid

I searched around site and haven't been able to find answer so here goes. I just bought a 2012 Rockwood Roo 19' hybrid. Owner said no leaks and i believe him. I see no water damage on inside or outside. After bringing home i had a leak. Mattress and couch were wet. Bed was closed. I dried everything and chaulked it up to not having it level. We took it out the first time Oct 10th. It rained for 3 hours at night. It leaked again. Drip was hitting couch and shelf in front of mattress. Drip is coming in where canvas is attached to body and behind curtain channel. I brought it home and checked everywhere. I found a couple minor cracks in chaulking where rubber roof meets fiberglass. I resealed them. It rained again this weekend and I saw more water. Is it possible the rail that holds rubber roof to fiberglass is leaking and allowing water to run down to were canvas meets body? That's almost a foot away.
Markharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #2

Check the clearance lights. I found mine full of water which eventually seeped inside where you're getting leakage. Removed, dried, and ruthlessly caulked the openings and the leak stopped. Did this 13 seasons ago and again last month when the problem came back.

I Eternabond taped the roof seams at the front and rear but that didn't stop the leak.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #3

Never thought about that. It does start right away. Has to rain a bit first. I was going to clean roof and reseal trim along end of rubber roof.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #4

I pulled light and found factory chalking only seal half the hole that wires run Through. I added more silicone. Also checked trim that hold rubber roof to fiberglass. Noticed several places that could leak. I sealed them and hit roof with hose. I noticed right in middle behind trim water pooled. That could be an issue. After silicone dried and I hit with water no leak inside. Suppose to rain tomorrow. Final test.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #5

Leak appears fixed

It rained almost the entire weekend. Some areas got 2” of rain. Checked trailer after all the rain and found no leak. I had rechalked one marker light and trim on roof that mates rubber to fiberglass.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #6

Same problem here with the leak in the front bed of trailer. Will look at the lights this weekend and do some caulking. Hopefully this will stop the leaks.
FloridaCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:13 PM   #7

front bunk leak

the leak I experienced was coming from just behind the curtain rail and in front of the aluminum rail that attached canvas. It would drop onto the left front edge of couch and at times the ledge in front of mattress. I pulled off marker light door side of trailer. the factory caulk was sagging leaving a gap behind light. I add caulk to seal the hole where the wires went through body. I also noticed a lot of cracking in the factory caulk along the trim holding rubber roof to fiberglass front. While there I sealed some gaps along the trim that seals the corner of side and front of trailer. I can say after all that I haven't seen the dripping on the couch after water test with hose and a few rains. I did however see some pooling of water on the canvas that bridges the gap between the ledge and bunk inside. its a piece that's about 8" wide. I dried it up a few times and added a little clear caulk to the outside of canvas where it meets front of trailer. For now it seems fixed. I haven't camped in it and won't until spring. we'll truly see then.

Tags
bed, hybrid, leak, roo