Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
Aqua light - did you buy the second year warranty?
I did but it expired in April this year. I have the good sam warranty but I think it only covers stuff like the A/C, furnace, fridge, etc.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #12

We bought our 2010 21SS late summer '09 and only used it a couple of times and by spring '10 the front bunk had already started to delam across the bottom by the hinge. Forest River ate that one, but now the rear bunk is doing the same so I'm SOL on this one.

I just don't understand why they can't make a door that has no wood in it. I guess Evergreen Rv is the only manufacturer out there that is capable of making a Rv with no wood in it.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
kwillmott

Latner- I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your bunk doors too. We had massage leakage from the side and rear doors and then the water and mold damage that has made our 2009 unusable. FR did work on it but sent it back with mold still there. The worker actually worked around it and reused some of the dividers that are below all the cabinets and bunk cabinet doors. It looks like there are many Roo owners out there that have spent a lot of money and could possibly spend more on a product that isn't build to keep water out around the bunk doors. Is there anyone else out there that has just sold their RV for scrap or are still paying a loan on it but can't use it?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #14

Here is mine from this past weekend

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #15

Did you call that guy I called? I still need to email him pictures, but haven't had a chance yet.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24
Nights camped in 2014: 20
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #16

Well its been 2 years since I put a post up about the wall above my slide having bubbles on it. Turned out to have been a leaking top seal for the slide( still think it was the screws holding the gutter up). But after being told I was SOL and staying on top of this and calling FR to remind them I still have a problem and sending pictures of rotting wood and pieces falling out of the slide. It is on the way back from the factory in Indiana FIXED. 2200 miles round trip at an averaged 8 mpg( thinks to my dad who is retired). Forest river payed to fix it if I payed for transportation. Have not seen it yet but they change the wall the slide was in; both bed ends and put the new style on; fixed a problem I had in the shower; and changed the outside vent for the stove because it was turning yellow. They restored a little respect I have for there porducts but time will tell. Just wanted to post this for the people having problems to not give up and by all means; don't think you are calling or emailing too much. But now I'm reading about the new style bed ends are leaking too!!! But on a good note I will be camping the first weekend it is back and I don't care how cold its going to be.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
Site Team

Thanks for sharing the update. Have fun on your upcoming campout!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab

Camping History: 36 Trips / 107 Nights / 3054 Miles
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #18

That's great to hear! Mine went to the dealer today for fixin'.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24
Nights camped in 2014: 20
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #19

I have a 2009 23SS, which did experience minor delamination on the front and rear bunk ends. During last year's rally in IN, FR offered to replace both at N/C if the trailer was returned to the factory. Since we were ending a long trip near the factory we dropped the trailer ourselves..

After two days FR replaced not only the bunk ends, but repaired a wall separation on the slide out and numerous other small items we had on our list. Additionally, they replaced the electric tongue jack which broke the morning we were taking the trailer to the factory. All this work was done at no charge to us.

We are so pleased with the service provided by FR, and would buy another FR product without hesitation.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by l24x4
Well its been 2 years since I put a post up about the wall above my slide having bubbles on it. Turned out to have been a leaking top seal for the slide( still think it was the screws holding the gutter up). But after being told I was SOL and staying on top of this and calling FR to remind them I still have a problem and sending pictures of rotting wood and pieces falling out of the slide. It is on the way back from the factory in Indiana FIXED. 2200 miles round trip at an averaged 8 mpg( thinks to my dad who is retired). Forest river payed to fix it if I payed for transportation. Have not seen it yet but they change the wall the slide was in; both bed ends and put the new style on; fixed a problem I had in the shower; and changed the outside vent for the stove because it was turning yellow. They restored a little respect I have for there porducts but time will tell. Just wanted to post this for the people having problems to not give up and by all means; don't think you are calling or emailing too much. But now I'm reading about the new style bed ends are leaking too!!! But on a good note I will be camping the first weekend it is back and I don't care how cold its going to be.
I have had the same problem with mine above the slide. My dealer fixed it last fall and now it has shown signs of starting again. I have some leakage on my ceiling as well. My warranty was up in June. After getting runaround I contacted FR and they agreed to take it back to factory. It is currently at dealer waiting to be picked up. Hoping it comes back repaired right this time then it's going for sale! Did you give them a list if things to inspect or did they find everything on their own?

Tags
bed