Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #1

leaking bed ends

How many people here have bed ends that leak or have delam proplems. Mine has delamed on both ends even with the new seal kits and also has delamed above slide. I now have Rv tape on everything on the camper to try to stop it from rotting out from under me. No help from forest river at all. Now my dads camper is doing the same thing and he is trying to call Gregg rolling and is not getting him and is not getting calls back. Would like to hear from those who have proplem and even ones who don't.
l24x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Site Team

first, what is your dealer doing about it? they should be taking point with FR.
you shouldn't be dealing with Gregg Rollins, unless your dealer is dropping the ball. and Gregg responds quicker to emails, than phone calls, from my personal experience.

what year/model Roo do you have and can you supply pics?

i've had my Roo for over 5 years and never had leaks nor any delam, neither on the slideout or the bunk doors.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

2008 21ss dealer wont do nothing and neither will forest river. Don't think I haven't call them. Dealer said out of warranty. And then it was by 2 months and forest river( Greg) said for 110 bucks they will sell me the seal kit and for the slide problem he stopped emailing. Did mention if I took the camper too them.(1500 mile drive for me) for 2000 dollars will fix the wall. Did not think that was very good of them to stand by their product. That was saying in a nice way that I'm S O L. And what got to me was that he mention that this don't happen over night which is true. It happened over the winter months for me and all before the warrent was expired.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #4

2010 Roo 19 front delaming....What is the warranty.
Jersey Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
kwillmott

It looks like I am not the only one who is SOL. My 2008 sold to me as a 2009 is moldy and ruined from originally leaking by the bunk ends.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #6

I had the leak issue with my 08 ROO 23SS and it turned out that the door frames are not strong enough to support 2 adults in the bed and the doors end up bowing down in the center along the outer edge. Then when closed there is a 3/8" or so gap along the top edge when closed allowing rain to enter there. The only solution is to find a way to re-bow the doors so that when closed they seal tight in the center along the top edge. I found this by climbing on the propane tanks and looking at the sealed upper edge of the door and seeing the gap.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
kwillmott

Yes our problem started like that too with the side bunk door. When it was built they out the gutter flush with the door seam. First winter we tarped it and the second we didn't since it was new and tarping isn't always good. Well the eater got in along the top and side of that door. Dealer pointed out the gutters. It was something we hadn't even noticed. Isn't it supposed to be noticed at the factory?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #8

Mine has delam. damage now too

I took my 2011 Roo 19 out 2 weeks ago and noticed delam bubbles above and along the lower hinge of the front bunk end. When I unfolded the mattress I noticed that it was wet in spots where it folded (i'm glad I use a plastic mattress cover that I leave on it for dog accidents). I went ahead an re-caulked along the metal trim pieces and on the screws that hold the trim on but couldn't really tell how the water was getting in especially in the mattress fold. It's very upsetting to see since I have always taken extra care in folding it up and checking for cracked caulk. Warranty expired in April.

2020 Flagstaff Super Lite 26FKBS
2018 Ford F-150 Super Crew Platinum

Previously owned a 2018 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Aqualight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
kwillmott

I hope that you don't have any further water damage. Our mattresses were so wet and moldy on the side and end bunk doors. The water got in and went from the side along to the back and along the floor under the cabinets that are below the bunks.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
kwillmott

Aqua light - did you buy the second year warranty?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
Aqua light - did you buy the second year warranty?
I did but it expired in April this year. I have the good sam warranty but I think it only covers stuff like the A/C, furnace, fridge, etc.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #12

We bought our 2010 21SS late summer '09 and only used it a couple of times and by spring '10 the front bunk had already started to delam across the bottom by the hinge. Forest River ate that one, but now the rear bunk is doing the same so I'm SOL on this one.

I just don't understand why they can't make a door that has no wood in it. I guess Evergreen Rv is the only manufacturer out there that is capable of making a Rv with no wood in it.
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
kwillmott

Latner- I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your bunk doors too. We had massage leakage from the side and rear doors and then the water and mold damage that has made our 2009 unusable. FR did work on it but sent it back with mold still there. The worker actually worked around it and reused some of the dividers that are below all the cabinets and bunk cabinet doors. It looks like there are many Roo owners out there that have spent a lot of money and could possibly spend more on a product that isn't build to keep water out around the bunk doors. Is there anyone else out there that has just sold their RV for scrap or are still paying a loan on it but can't use it?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #14

Here is mine from this past weekend

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #15

Did you call that guy I called? I still need to email him pictures, but haven't had a chance yet.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #16

Well its been 2 years since I put a post up about the wall above my slide having bubbles on it. Turned out to have been a leaking top seal for the slide( still think it was the screws holding the gutter up). But after being told I was SOL and staying on top of this and calling FR to remind them I still have a problem and sending pictures of rotting wood and pieces falling out of the slide. It is on the way back from the factory in Indiana FIXED. 2200 miles round trip at an averaged 8 mpg( thinks to my dad who is retired). Forest river payed to fix it if I payed for transportation. Have not seen it yet but they change the wall the slide was in; both bed ends and put the new style on; fixed a problem I had in the shower; and changed the outside vent for the stove because it was turning yellow. They restored a little respect I have for there porducts but time will tell. Just wanted to post this for the people having problems to not give up and by all means; don't think you are calling or emailing too much. But now I'm reading about the new style bed ends are leaking too!!! But on a good note I will be camping the first weekend it is back and I don't care how cold its going to be.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
Site Team

Thanks for sharing the update. Have fun on your upcoming campout!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #18

That's great to hear! Mine went to the dealer today for fixin'.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #19

I have a 2009 23SS, which did experience minor delamination on the front and rear bunk ends. During last year's rally in IN, FR offered to replace both at N/C if the trailer was returned to the factory. Since we were ending a long trip near the factory we dropped the trailer ourselves..

After two days FR replaced not only the bunk ends, but repaired a wall separation on the slide out and numerous other small items we had on our list. Additionally, they replaced the electric tongue jack which broke the morning we were taking the trailer to the factory. All this work was done at no charge to us.

We are so pleased with the service provided by FR, and would buy another FR product without hesitation.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by l24x4
Well its been 2 years since I put a post up about the wall above my slide having bubbles on it. Turned out to have been a leaking top seal for the slide( still think it was the screws holding the gutter up). But after being told I was SOL and staying on top of this and calling FR to remind them I still have a problem and sending pictures of rotting wood and pieces falling out of the slide. It is on the way back from the factory in Indiana FIXED. 2200 miles round trip at an averaged 8 mpg( thinks to my dad who is retired). Forest river payed to fix it if I payed for transportation. Have not seen it yet but they change the wall the slide was in; both bed ends and put the new style on; fixed a problem I had in the shower; and changed the outside vent for the stove because it was turning yellow. They restored a little respect I have for there porducts but time will tell. Just wanted to post this for the people having problems to not give up and by all means; don't think you are calling or emailing too much. But now I'm reading about the new style bed ends are leaking too!!! But on a good note I will be camping the first weekend it is back and I don't care how cold its going to be.
I have had the same problem with mine above the slide. My dealer fixed it last fall and now it has shown signs of starting again. I have some leakage on my ceiling as well. My warranty was up in June. After getting runaround I contacted FR and they agreed to take it back to factory. It is currently at dealer waiting to be picked up. Hoping it comes back repaired right this time then it's going for sale! Did you give them a list if things to inspect or did they find everything on their own?
myfirstroo21ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed