Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 10:15 PM   #1

LED Lighting 2010 21SS

I've had it in back of my mind to replace the lighting with LED but an experience at a site the passing weekend is making me give it some more thought. One of my favourite campsites has only 15 amp and when the campground is full there is less than 15 amp available. It was 30C with a humidity of much more and my AC kept tripping the breaker. After setting up the trailer and seeing this I was almost in a panic. What finally worked was turning off all interior lights except one or two.

I'm not sure if Led's would of made a difference but it made me think more about replacing them. What recommendations do you have?

TIA
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:52 AM   #2

Hello
I have replaced all my lights with led. I can tell you that I can run a few of the lights on a small solar panel, no battery.
Bluemax542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #3

I replaced all 12 overhead bulbs in my 23ss with LED's. one of the old incandescent bulbs drew more power than all the new LED's combined. Not to mention the incandescent bulbs were so hot they yellowed the plastic on the fixtures where they plugged in. The LED's put off almost no heat at all. Well worth switching them out.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #4

Guys, thanks. Could you tell me what you bought in particular warmness. I see cool (6500K), natural (4100K) and warm (3000k). I'd like to avoid the trailer looking like an operating room or hospital. I guess natural wouldn't be bad and likely the 597 bulbs in there now are warm?
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light