Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #1
Use the Force Roo

Looking for some help

Hello Everyone...

I am new to this forum, just purchasing a 2013 Rockwood Roo 233s and getting ready to go camping this week. I could not find the fresh water drain, despite the sticker on the unit saying "fresh water drain" found on the front of the unit, driver side, near the slide. I looked underneath and found the mechanism for the slide out and electrical box, but no drain or valve. I did see the tank, but no drain valve near the tank. I did find the low point drains on the passenger side front (two with a red tube and blue tube) and then another on the passenger side rear, all with screw caps. Most of water did come out, but I had to use the pump to clear out most of the 36 gallons. I will be sanitizing the tank, but would like some help finding the actual tank drain. Is the sticker indicating fresh water drain not correct, or is the drain by the tank itself? Thanks...
BGlickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
rbq

Slide under the trailer on the side where the slide is. Between the slide & the axles you will find the fresh water tank. Look in about the center of this tank there should be a black screw on cap, unless someone has replaced it with something else. There will also be the fitting on the bottom of the tank that the cap screws onto. Just unscrew the cap, not the fitting (did that about the 2nd time I emptied the fresh tank. Just had to screw it back on.)
Old 06-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Use the Force Roo

Is there a modification to place drain near the low point drains? Having to crawl underneath all the time is going to be fun...
BGlickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

Here's a thread on tank drain mods:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mod-81335.html

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote