Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #21

Found them !!!

They are T-valves inside the trailer under the tub, go figure! I had to remove a panel on the side of the tub that had a furnace vent and reach way back inside to find them. They were straight above the drain tubes.

Thanks for all the info and tips! As a Newbie to the forum I really appreciate a place to get help and advice. My Roo 232 is ten years old so I hope Rockwood has improved on the design for these drains to make them easier to get too!

Thanks again to all!!

Tbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Tbear, glad you found them.
Luckily my 2007 Roo 23SS had the T-valves right under the sofa. Just had to lay down and reach under the couch.
I'm sure the T-valve location varied by floor plan.
Personally I preferred the T-valves inside to crawling under the trailer to unscrew cheap plastic caps that came later.
So I don't see the newer style as being an improvement.

My new TT have low point valves along the side that I only have to bend down to open them.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
My 15 has only the drains with caps. I replaced the caps with valves from Lowes to make draining easier.
Thinking I might do this as well since I always seem to forget about or misplace the caps after draining the system and if you loose a cap your screwed. So the valves you added screw directly on to where the caps ends would normally go??
Equalizer WDH
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
Thinking I might do this as well since I always seem to forget about or misplace the caps after draining the system and if you loose a cap your screwed. So the valves you added screw directly on to where the caps ends would normally go??

Yes. I took the caps with me to make sure I got the right size. The valves are threaded on both sides with female thread. I also bought two threaded pipe plugs to screw in the end of the valves loosely. That keeps road debris and mud from entering the valve but are just screwed in loosely hand-tight.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
Yes. I took the caps with me to make sure I got the right size. The valves are threaded on both sides with female thread. I also bought two threaded pipe plugs to screw in the end of the valves loosely. That keeps road debris and mud from entering the valve but are just screwed in loosely hand-tight.

Great and thanks Velo!!
Equalizer WDH
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #26

"They were straight above the drain tubes" Glade you found them. That was the point of my post #10. straight up over the tubes.

cavie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, roo, water