Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #1

Maiden Voyage

We made our first trip in our 233s this weekend and it went great. The weather was fantastic so we weren't able to test how it holds up in the rain, but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to do so in the future.

The only 'negative' from the camper perspective was low water pressure in the bathroom sink. We were on city water and all of the other faucets/showers work fine with plenty of pressure. In fact, I swear the bathroom sink was running fine when we first set up and I was running some water as a test. I'm convinced there is some debris or something in the aerator. I didn't have a tool to remove the aerator and I tried by hand, but it wasn't moving. I was reminded of how cheap the faucets are on these units and was afraid I would break them is I tried to turn too hard. So, I've got something on my to do list before the next trip.

During our walk-through, the person doing the walk through suggested we bring our mattresses inside and not try to fold them up and leave them connected to the fold-outs as it would be 'next to impossible' to do so. Having seen the video from RVWholesalers, I thought I'd give it a try anyway and it went very smoothly. Not sure why the dealer was so adamant about not using this method - he was very good with everything else and very knowledgable.

Overall, we had a great time. Bunks were comfortable, everything short of the bathroom sink work as planned, plenty of space throughout. We can't wait for our next trip.

Thanks for reading - and if cleaning the aerator doesn't fix my problem, look for me to be posting more details on this site. It's a great forum for a great camper!
lharvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #2

Sounds great!! So odd about the mattresses! I haven't had any problems folding them up.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #3

Sounds like you had a great time. Now you get to play with the TT making all the improvements you dreamed up during that trip (IMO this is where the real fun begins).

As for your dealer telling you to remove the mattresses from the pop outs when closing up to make it easier; sounds to me the person who did your PDI demo wasn’t very familiar with the trailer. The only time I can see that being a good idea is if you were closing up in the rain so the beds don't get soaked.

When I close up regardless of the weather I lower the table and use that area for storage; the mattresses would fit nicely there. If this would keep them dry then I'm all for it. However this is just speculation because I have not yet had to close up my 233s in the rain (knock on wood).

In the past when closing up our old PUP after it had rained and the tenting was wet the mattresses would get wet. When we got to our next location we would have to turn the fans on to dry the beds before using or closing up for extended periods. That was always a pain and if I had an option of placing the mattresses elsewhere I probably would have.

Dave
drs244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Site Team

i agree about the dealer not being familiar with hybrids.
we've never not folded and fastened our mattresses to the bunk doors.
glad everything went well.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote