Maiden voyage 2016 Roo 233s furnace, water, door issues, mods
Howdy- We took our 233s on our first trip about 300 miles from home. It rained like a monsoon all the way to Mackinaw City but the sun came out once we arrived. Only a couple minor issues so far below. We love the 233s with 2 young kids 5/7. The back bunk is their favorite. They disappear for hours back their just playing and reading.
1. Upon arriving I opened the front and side bunks and had a couple small puddles on valley of the canvas near the Velcro edge. The rear was fine. I did the seasoning ahead of time and suspected it may have been water trapped on the outside top ledge of the bunk and when I opened it may have poured inside. Not sure yet. I dried it up and it stayed dry during rain storm that night. I washed it down when I got home and still dry on the inside.
2. The furnace stopped working the second night. The flame would lite up for 4 seconds and then turn off. Then do the same thing 3 times and then shut down. If I turned off the thermostat and then back on it would do the same thing all over again. Hot water heater worked and stove would work fine, just not furnace.. Took it to the dealer when we got back and the pressure screw on the propane regulator near the tanks was borderline so they turned up the pressure slightly and everything works great. Quick turn around from the dealer.
3. Door shock locked up and would not allow us to open the door. I had to really pull hard and then pop off the clips and removed the entire shock.
4. The shower walls pulled away from a couple locations so I just added a couple extra plastic rivets to attach it. The factory spacing between the factory rivets seemed a little far apart anyway.
5. One of the bunk fans was not working so the dealer replaced it with a new one.
Dealer took care of everything under warranty over night when I got home.
Everything else has been excellent with it. A couple minor mods that help make this camper a little better.
1. Hard wired in a dual fan for the inside of the fridge to allow the air to circulate. Made a huge difference and had to turn the fridge temp down. It was 28 degrees and going lower.
2. Added the shower corner protector to the floor and wall near the toilet to prevent overspray.
3. Next I want to add the Oxygenics shower head, replace the shower curtain with a water proof one, and add in some shelving.
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4
2016 Rockwood Roo 233s
Blue Ox WDS Hitch
P3 Brake Controller