Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage = Huge Success!!

First trip in our 233s was a huge success with everything working properly!! I wish I took some pics but I was so worried/stressed/excited on making sure everything worked properly while dry camping that I didn't take any pics of our setup or camp site But everything was awesome and we were completely happy with the trailer. A bit of a scare, but I guess when I was back home, I didn't turn the furnace on for as long as I should have. The DW was cold Thurs. night so I turned on the furnace and our smoke alarm went off! She suffered through with a few more blankets till I ran it longer the next morning.

The only thing that confused me during the whole trip was that my battery indicator was way sporadic. It would show low, so I'd fire up the generator for a few hours and recharge. After recharge and generator off, it would show low still, but then a few minutes later it would show full charge, then 2/3 or whatever. Kinda drove me nuts. After a day with messing with it I just charged it when I felt like it and not once did it ever actually die on me.

The only other thing, not trailer related, was the downhill drive back home. We were about 7k ft. elevation and going down a few of the mild grades were a bit scary. I had assumed that my TV would be great at engine braking but I had to step on the breaks quite a bit going down. Being my very first pull, I think I was maybe going too fast on my initial descent to begin with, so I'll chalk it up to lesson learned and learn from my mistake for next time!

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Wise words, Lesson Learned. That's how we all learned in the beginning. Not sure about your battery indicator. Doesn't sound right. Maybe get yourself a multimeter and check at battery. Harbor Freight often has a coupon for free one if you check their website or watch trailerlife mag.

from David's RAZR M.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Glad to hear your maiden voyage went well. Once I took the toll road with my sister's Yukon and it was a pretty steep incline. While I wasn't trying to keep up with the speed limit I still took it a bit too fast. Like dcheatwood said this is how we all learn in the beginning.

Looking forward to reading more about your trips in the future. Happy Camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #4

Good to hear all went well on your maiden voyage.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote