Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHeki81 View Post
I had a 96 22' aljo by skyline with side bathroom. I am 6'4 and I had to leave door open to use bathroom. When I was single it was fine, when I started taking my now wife. No way it was going to work. So I removed tub/shower and moved sink where the shower was and cut hole in floor and plumbed drain into grey water. I bought waterproof wall panels at lowes and lined everything including door and just used entire bathroom as shower. No pics, but worked great for us. When I put it on Craig's, it was bought by first person who looked at it, and for price I asked for. And only spent about $100 for the remodel

Thanks EHeki81..........I did see a video of another person who did this exact thing you are talking about when he did a Camper makeover. There is hope yet!
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #22

Well, if you do tackle the project I hope you will post some pics. It would be cool to see. Good luck!
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
The only downside I would see is resale with no tub or shower.
If he's talented enough to remodel and remove the tub and shower then he could probably remodel again and add a tub and shower before putting it up for sale.

Greg
gthomp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #24

Our bathroom is really rather large for a trailer and as for the toilet ours is in its own, for the lack of better words, large closet. I'm 6'2" 215 lbs and I can move around in it fine. As to what your talking about doing that's a major overhaul and some things won't be moved easily because of location of blk and grey water tanks. When you start removing walls you change the integrity of the structure. In all of these units you can always find a part in one that you would like in another. When It comes to the bathroom we've never really used it, we use the CG bathrooms and showers, unless it's the middle of the night.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #25

I might take a shot at it next winter, as I just finished a remodel on our rear slide that was set up for a family of 5 or more kids. By gutting the rear slide of a large couch and fold down bunk, I was able to install a 39 " double door wardrobe cabinet with plenty of hanging space and shelving, a 36" base cabinet with more shelving(pantry space) and a matching hanging unit above it, with enough space left, 12 inches, to provide more hanger space and I built a cabinet with shelves below it with a door I removed across the trailer from a factory cabinet, to make room for a Splendide washer dryer combo. I removed a smaller couch from the living/dining area and replaced it with the larger couch from the rear slide. I removed the booth and replaced it with a table & four chairs. We topped this off with a Dish Satellite and two receiver and new jacks to feed both inputs from outside. The rear slide area now provides more floor space,6 ft,, to accommodate a swivel chair and hassock. I cut the booth table top into two pieces and attached the smaller piece on collapseable shelf brackets to extend the kitchen counter for meal prep & dishwashing space. The table top & counter top are matching materials. The larger half I hung similarly with two collapsible brackets{ Home Depot $12.99, 600 ibs each) in the rear slide area on the opposite, bathroom exterior wall. This provides desk space or laundry folding space and collapses when not in use and is adjacent to the rear window area which has top & bottom cabinets with a matching counter top that runs the width of the rear, less the bath room area.. There is a TV antennae jack in this location as well. I am just putting on the finishing touches and have not taken after pictures yet, but will tomorrow, maybe. we are shoving off Sunday for the summer and can't wait to try out the new floor plan. I was able to re-use much of the trim, doors and other materials from the tear outs to re-trim everything to give a custom original materials look. My how I ramble. This will do until I can talk Susie in to a 34 ft. V-Lite with the front bath, double sink, cabinets and counter space on each side of the V and double rear slides with TV and fireplace across the rear with two lazy Boys and dining table on opposite slides. May be a pipe dream, but one can always dream. Do good and safe travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1341.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	77574   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1338.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	77575   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1339.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	77576   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1343.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	77577   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1355.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	77578  

2014 Sebastian Charleston,SC to Finger Lakes, Lake Erie, Lake Cowanesque,PA and home
2015 Sebastian to PA,NY,WI,MN,return to NY and home
2016 GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,OH,PA,NY,to Sebastian,FL
WSY DD693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:35 PM   #26

[QUOTE=mark0224;869895]As to what your talking about doing that's a major overhaul and some things won't be moved easily because of location of blk and grey water tanks. When you start removing walls you change the integrity of the structure. /QUOTE]

Hey Mark, not planning on removing or replacing any walls. Tentative plans are to remove tub / shower and then relocate sink to the previous shower area to reconnect to those water lines. Then thinking of possibly installing an outside shower where the pre-existing sink lines are located. Should be an easy install seeing the water lines are readily available and I can tap into them easily. I have an outside cubby not in use so may use that for the shower install. Won't need to utilize the sink drain for this install either. Although might have to re-route the water lines a bit. But as far as the drains for the black and grey tanks, none of this will change.

Not changing the integrity of the structure, just cosmetic rearranging.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSY DD693 View Post
I might take a shot at it next winter, as I just finished a remodel on our rear slide that was set up for a family of 5 or more kids. By gutting the rear slide of a large couch and fold down bunk, I was able to install a 39 " double door wardrobe cabinet with plenty of hanging space and shelving, a 36" base cabinet with more shelving(pantry space) and a matching hanging unit above it, with enough space left, 12 inches, to provide more hanger space and I built a cabinet with shelves below it with a door I removed across the trailer from a factory cabinet, to make room for a Splendide washer dryer combo. I removed a smaller couch from the living/dining area and replaced it with the larger couch from the rear slide. I removed the booth and replaced it with a table & four chairs. We topped this off with a Dish Satellite and two receiver and new jacks to feed both inputs from outside. The rear slide area now provides more floor space,6 ft,, to accommodate a swivel chair and hassock. I cut the booth table top into two pieces and attached the smaller piece on collapseable shelf brackets to extend the kitchen counter for meal prep & dishwashing space. The table top & counter top are matching materials. The larger half I hung similarly with two collapsible brackets{ Home Depot $12.99, 600 ibs each) in the rear slide area on the opposite, bathroom exterior wall. This provides desk space or laundry folding space and collapses when not in use and is adjacent to the rear window area which has top & bottom cabinets with a matching counter top that runs the width of the rear, less the bath room area.. There is a TV antennae jack in this location as well. I am just putting on the finishing touches and have not taken after pictures yet, but will tomorrow, maybe. we are shoving off Sunday for the summer and can't wait to try out the new floor plan. I was able to re-use much of the trim, doors and other materials from the tear outs to re-trim everything to give a custom original materials look. My how I ramble. This will do until I can talk Susie in to a 34 ft. V-Lite with the front bath, double sink, cabinets and counter space on each side of the V and double rear slides with TV and fireplace across the rear with two lazy Boys and dining table on opposite slides. May be a pipe dream, but one can always dream. Do good and safe travels!

WSY DD693.....Very Nice, Indeed! Thanks for sharing your pics. Have a safe and happy Summer.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthomp10 View Post
If he's talented enough to remodel and remove the tub and shower then he could probably remodel again and add a tub and shower before putting it up for sale.

Greg

Greg, I think a one-way remodel would be plenty. But thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
The only downside I would see is resale with no tub or shower.

Yeah because I know I would never buy one all modified with no shower but I am sure there are those out there that would

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #30

Good luck with the remodel. I am currently camper shopping and require a shower. Although small and probably a pain to use, we need something for the toddler just in a case she needs a quick rinse.
jgoldwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #31

I realize that hindsight is 20/20, but that is the first thing DH and I do when/if we are looking at new RVs. We sit on the throne! If we fit, then, it goes into the "possible" file. If we don't fit, then, out the door we go.

As several others have said, if you plan to ever trade it or sale it, don't do it. If you plan to keep it for 10-15 years, then, by all means, fit it to your own needs and do the mod.

You might also want to consider the fact that you MAY, sometime down the road, go to a park that doesn't have a shower house and you will need to use your own.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSY DD693 View Post

Nice interior what Year and Model TT is that, I like the white cabinets but no one uses them anymore

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykalia View Post
...You might also want to consider the fact that you MAY, sometime down the road, go to a park that doesn't have a shower house and you will need to use your own.

After going to many RV Shows, and being 6'2", I still have a hard time imagining how I would even remotely take a Shower in some of them. Many a tall person I spoke with while inside the new units offered the same answers. I honestly feel that the combo units are designed for people who don't exceed the height of 5'8"( maybe 5'10" ) to be able to take a shower comfortably without popping their heads up through the roof vent. And some of the freestanding showers weren't all that better. Although, there seem to be larger bathrooms with freestanding showers.....that was a plus.

Where we camp they have only had power for the past few years. No Shower Houses to be had at this State Park. It's hard to imagine how we managed boondocking back in the days of Tenting, and then given the very basic of Pop Up luxuries thereafter. Before there was electric and shower houses, you had to tote your own water and take sponge baths. A lot of great memories to look back on. That was CAMPING! But not for everyone.

Now, as my friends say......we are Glamping! Got to bring the house with us.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #34

Why not an outside shower or wait for it to rain.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
Why not an outside shower or wait for it to rain.
Exactly! LOL. Although, that is an option we have considered installing vs. removing the shower.

Tags
roo