Old 11-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #11

Here it is in a nut shell.

I am a gas fitter in Ontario, BC, and Yukon, so I always try to utilize as big a pipe (hose) as possible. So all the hose's you see are 3/8" ID hose with 3/8"MPT fittings on the ends. You might decide you need smaller or bigger and that would change the Fairview Fittings catalogue numbers.

Off the Q
After you remove the regulator you are left with a 1/8'MPT that is on the turn valve you use to modulate your flame.

You need a fitting #119-BA 1/4"FPT x 1/8"FPT reducing coupling to connect to your QD-GMRVC4-4M male quick disconnect.

Hose #1 15" hose to connect to a disposable bottle.

From the Female quick disconnect #QD-GMRV-4F you will need a fitting #120-CB 3/8"FPT x 1/4"MPT. On the other end of the hose you will need a fitting #120-CA 3/8"FPT x 1/8"MPT, this fitting will allow you to connect to the original Q regulator. This is the hose that will connect to the Q and a small disposable bottle.

Hose #2 10' x 3/8"ID Type 1 rubber with 3/8"MPT fittings both ends.

On one end of this hose you will need a male quick disconnect to plug into the female located on your trailer. The male part number is QD-GMRVC4-4M with fitting #119-CB between said male QD and hose. On the other end of this hose you will need a female quick disconnect #QD-GMRVC4-4F, in between the female disconnect and the hose you will need fitting #120-CB.

All fittings must be threaded using a pipe dope, like Masters Metalic or Masters Metalic Teflon.

There you go.

I highly recommend an India Pale Ale to compliment the above work. One that I am very fond of right now is called Hoptical Illusion by Flying Monkey, a small micro brewery in Barrie Ontario.

Roopert21bh is offline   Reply With Quote