Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #1

Manual for my Shamrock

Hello out there. Have a 2000 Shamrock camper, used, and would like to find an owners manual for trouble shooting some things on.
The downloader used here I read through the privacy act and do not agree with it.
Any sites ,info,anything to help out would be appreciated.
Thank you.
timtheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #2

The manuals for RV's are VERY generic (and fairly useless aside from the basics ) and probably wouldn't help you very much. Every individual component comes with its own manual on top of that. Your best bet with regards to trouble shooting is generally to get the model number of the part that's giving you trouble and post a separate question about it.

Is it something in particular or just for future reference?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.
The electronic panel,2x4, that is supposed to tell you your black/grey water levels hasn't worked from day one ( since I bought it 3 months ago) and checked the fuses.
Told to get a tester and test it out.How?
My other thing is the twin propane tanks.The switch has always been in the middle so I'm guessing when I turned both tanks on I smelled gas.
So possibly then have only one tank on like the left and have the black switch all the way to the left?
Been a tenter all my life and this is all new to me.
thank you.
timtheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #4

I was in the same boat when I started. The panel I can't really help with and I've never seen a manual. I can tell you they're not very accurate anyway so only use the indicator as a really general gauge. For instance, the 1/3 sensor is usually only about an inch off the bottom of the tank..think of it as a "not empty" light instead of 1/3. May be as simple as removing the panel and checking for broken wires.

Your other question depends on what type of regulator you have. Post a pic if you can. Yours kind of sounds like my old one. It was manually switched. Point it towards the tank you want to use. It would operate in the middle and pull from both tanks, but you might get a surprise and run out of gas with no warning. Using one at a time will at least let you know you're empty on one tank and need to refill. The other kind is auto switching and both tanks stay open. Those usually have some kind of "empty" indicator and read whichever tank the switch is pointed towards. That tank is the primary tank. On mine, when the primary tank runs out, it switches to the other tank and the indicator turns from green to red. Pop the empty tank off when you get home and refill, put it back on and turn the switch to the other tank (which then becomes the primary tank). Repeat. Again, it depends on the type of regulator.

Tags
manual, shamrock