Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Manual Slide Operation 2010 21SS

There doesn't seen to be any hole at the edge of the trailer to insert a manual jack, would I use a ratchet directly to the motor underneath the trailer?

Hoping the day never comes but it has struck me many times at the campsite what would happen if the slide suddenly didn't move in at checkout time. Apparently there is also a 30amp fuse near the front of the trailer on the frame also could could be tripped? Once I verify that I think I'll replace it with a automatically resettable fuse.
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #2

Trying to recall how my 2011 21SS looked - so I could be off. (Memory is the second thing to go ya know - can't recall what the first was. . .) Anyway, others will be able to correct where I go astray.

Look for an opening in the door side fender skirt. Look toward the frame for a connection that matches the shape of your crank handle. The crank should not be hard to turn - if it is - reverse your direction.
2006 Fleetwood Bayside / 2006 4Runner
1999 Coleman SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:45 PM   #3

I have a 2011 ss and I unfortunately found out there is no easy crank in when the slide motor fails. There is a bar that runs the length of the slide the motor drives that turns the wheels to move the slide in or out. That bar allows for an adjustable wrench to fit on it for manual crank in. It takes a while and isn't much fun, but only way.

There is also a fuse near the front of the trailer that's neatly tucked away and took a long time to find the first time. But it's an easy replacement if it pops.

I had major problems with fuses when I first bought by unit used in 2014, then the motor blew. Replaced the motor and not one problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Wilsonmbw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide