Old 08-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
I have always usea a pool noodle or paper towel tube to hold ours in has worked for a long time and all roads we go on seem to be rough what ever state we are in. I have been thinking I would get the larger diameter pool noodle to try looks it might be even better.

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
2014 Rockwood 2608WS
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
Yep. I learned that the way most everyone does and you might have. I now take the glass out and place it on the couch.

I will not fall for that trick again.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #13
We just stuff a small pillow in the microwave and take it out when we arrive at destination. Never had any problems and have hit some pretty large bumps in the road.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
TomBCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #14
Site Team
Ours also fell to the floor once but did not break!!
I put a small hook in the cabinet next to the door and used a tiny bungee cord to hold the door shut after that. Also stuck the plate inside a bubble envelope inside the MW and used the bungee! We've found coffee cups flipped upside down inside the cabinet before. It's a rough ride back there for sure!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #15
So I posted my pic of my microwave strap yesterday before we drove home from the CG. Drove home, DH goes inside to retrieve items from fridge, comes out and says to me, "Why did you put the dishpans and dish drainer on the floor?" (We have 2 dishpans and the very small Camco RV dish drainer which fits inside the 2 dishpans for travel) I said, "I didn't- they were in the upper cabinet". He makes a funny face. Apparently the upper cabinet doors opened, the dishpans fell out, and the door swung closed again. I didn't put one of those tension bars across that cabinet because I didn't think the dishpans were heavy enough to push the door open, nor was I worried about them breaking if they did escape.
I guess it's bumpy out there!
Jonesclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #16
What perfect timing on reading this post.

My Microwave has a little bit of a stick to it when I open it and I thought when we got back home after the this past weekend outing I was going to WD40 it. Hmm, now after reading these posts it has me thinking the "STICKING" is not such a bad thing after all.

All our trips out on the road with the camper, bumpy roads and all, and never a problem with the microwave door coming open. So I guess the old saying goes...." if it ain't broke ( just slightly stuck ) don't fix it".

Some great ideas being tossed about here...but in my case I think I will leave it.
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #17
Leave things on our counters all the while and never had anything move. Even when I hit a real rough Railroad track an believe me the wife and I thought fridge, microwave and cupboards would be open and everything would be all over, still nothing moved. We hit so hard I thought it was going to rip our hitch off.
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #18
We use the Micro as a Bread Box! Stuff snacks and bread in for Travel,still on the Original Glass Plate! Lots of (Road Miles) also! Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote