Originally Posted by Weezer
Yep, you're not alone. Others have posted here that there seems to be a gremlin in their RV unscrewing those filters. IIRC one guy said he sat and *watched* it unscrew itself.
That would be me. My water pressure/flow rate has been subpar from day one. Of course, I installed the filter in the housing soon as I got it home.
I had a really hard time getting it to lock in, but I did.
Then freezing weather came through. I took the filter bowl off and carried it in the house. A few days later, I reinstalled it, no issues.
Fast forward, I'm camping and wasn't happy with my shower. So I tried eliminating issues in the system. Removed the regulator, that improved things, but no dice, I reinstalled the regulator. I then pulled the filter out and put the bowl back on empty, it improved it.
I put the filter back in and reinstalled the bowl. It screwed back to the same point.
I turned the water back on and watched it unscrew and blow off. I tried again, same thing. No filter, same thing. Tried to figure out why, the toothed ratchet part seemed to be working.
I put it back on, left the wrench on the bowl and let it unscrew against the wall. It stayed there.
I went to Home Depot and got a GE Watersmart filter, installed it in the same place. Vastly increased water flow rate, filters are $11 a two pack for a sub 5 micron filter.
I like my Sierra, but FR screwed the pooch on the water filter.