Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #11
If I can ask, how much did the new door cost? I may do this mod on my 23ss.
It was $120+ as I recall with shipping. The website link I provided shows prices/options for various sizes.

So my question is, did you add any additional wood framing to the beef it up?
The floor was the same as the floor in the trailer... just a partition wall framing cabinetry to the two rear beds separated the storage area from the inside. I added nothing to the inside wall to hold the frame. The 1.25 inch thick wall is plenty sufficient.

I will not be storing anything real heavy back there. If I were to put batteries back there, I might use a 2x8 piece of lumber longer then the batteries, then put in plastic battery boxes on top of the lumber to hold any acid that might spill in some unknown event.

The actually cutting of the panel, while daunting was actually very easy, once I was sure of my measurements and that there was nothing behind the panel that I might cut accidentally.

thanks for everyone's positive comments...

funny that there is another current thread about paying people to do work on TV and trailers... I like to do as much as I can, but the older I get the less patience I have doing these things...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #12
I really like your mod!..I'm going to do that one, I just have to find the matching oyster colour. I wonder if you can order it direct from the manufacturer. Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Canoe Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #13
Boondocking Only
Very well done & this will be my next mod. Thx for sharing

2014 Shamrock/Roo 21SSL
Complete LED Lighting
Off Road Package
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote

door, roo, shamrock