Modifications we have done so far on our Roo23ss
We are leaving early Thursday morning for our first long trip. I can hardly wait! We are going to explore Arkansas this summer and hopefully Colorado next summer. I have read ALL of the post in this section many times, and love hearing about everyone's tips and experiences. I especially love to read about modifications people have done!
1. So far we have added wire rack basket type shelving for pots and pans under the sink. There is room to the side to neatly store a larger baking pan and cookie sheet. This one required a fair amount of cutting part of the top basket top to fit around sink pipes, but it worked great once we got it figured out.
2. After reading posts on this forum, I wanted to install shelving in the closet across from the bathroom to convert part of it to a pantry. We opted for a stand alone shelving system with three wire shelves as a compromise. DH wasn't comfortable with attaching anything permanent to the thin vaneer in the back of the closet even though I assured him I had researched multiple posts on this forum(sigh). We secured it to to walls of the trailer with industrial strength Velcro. We're thinking of trying bungee cords along the back and side if necessary to keep things from sliding off. It looks better than I thought an I think it will be much mure functional.
3. We also added plastic baskets for storage on the shelf over the back bunk and more decorative baskets for misc. storage on the shelf over the front bunk. Also a basket for coffee cups and one for plates like what I saw on one of the previous posts.
4. We added the "oh so technical" Velcro to fasten the TV remote to the back of the wall by the shelf to the left of the door.
5. We are using dish washing tub bins as drawers on the shelves in the cabinet by the back bunk. I'm not sure if that will be the best use of that space, but half the fun is trial and error, right?
6. We bought, but have not yet installed, cellular shades for the windows. The curtains that came with the trailer didn't quite meet in the middle when we tried to close them at night. I'm hoping it will also have a less cluttered look and be functional.
7. We bought gizmos for the bunk ends and will be trying them for the first time on this trip. I'm thinking they will help with AC function. Our last trio was to Galveston and I can see that the bunks will feel hotter as the summer progresses without something.
Whew! That was longer than I expected. Sorry!