Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

Mods to 2015 Roo 19 so far

Some are simple add-ons and a couple are more involved.

Entry 'blank' wall - Didn't want to screw into this wall after reading that the vent stack is somewhere inside - so 3M command hooks it is! Hook for coats/swatshirts with one of those hangers that lets you hang 5 hangers in the space of 1, IKEA pocketed hanger with flashlights/etc, and hanging shoe pockets, which didn't work out and has since been removed.

Wire shelving between upper dinette cabinets and upper kitchen cabinets (3M hooks on cabinet sides, resting in cargo area without being held on. Longer shelf has 3M hook above window also)

DH built a fencepost 'stinky slinky locker' with the gutter slide out tray

Towels in a hanging 'shoe organizer' (I use this at home in DD's bathroom too)

Suction baskets on the dinette window for pens/pencils, odds n ends. We actually used the white one (more sturdy) for our beverage cans while we were playing cards. That way the drinks didn't tip over when the table got bumped/wobbled, etc...

I posted in another thread about the cubby we made above the fridge, and DH also made one above the corner cabinet by the door but I didn't take pics.

More to come I'm sure!
Jonesclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #2

Red springy bracelet (from a key chain) around the TV antenna crank. Hangs on the key hook when antenna is up. When packing for travel, seeing red bracelet with keys reminds us to put the antenna down. When antenna is down and safe for travel, bracelet goes around it. Key hook basket is at the end of the upper cabinets at the door end.

Cargo area above front bunk - 3M strip for DH's glasses at night

Kept hitting our heads on the pointy corner of the entertainment cabinet next to dinette. Foam corner bumper reused from when DD was little and new 3M tape. Also, clear 'magazine file' for books/notepads behind dinette cushion. Yes, 3M tape again...

Moved back the partions under the bathroom sink to give more space (no before pic - oops!)
Old 08-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #3

Forgot one... on the upper wall between the kitchen cabinets and the door

Old 08-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #4

thx for posting
I have done some of those but not all to my 183. Did not think of possible open space above fridge...

I added wire shelves in the small pantry. I used wire shelves, so I could look through the top one to the lower level without having to bend all the way down on my knees.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #5

Great mods, lots of good ideas. So can someone tell me why the fencepost addition for the stinky slinky? What's wrong with using the bumper?
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #6

Thanks for posting your pictures. Great ideas.
Kansas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #7

Wow you were busy
Marines0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #8

Jones: Here are some mods I did to my Roo 19, if you care to shamelessly steal:

1. Plexiglass window in gas bottle cover, since you can't open the top and look down inside with the bunk down.
2. Corner shower shield
3. Plexiglass on shower side of bathroom cabinet
4. Shelf in corner cabinet (pic of someone elses, I don't have a pic of mine)
5. (no pic) also replaced the crappy analog Suburban t-stat with a Honeywell 211RTH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane #6.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	85547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower #4.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	85548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower #5.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	85549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corner Cab Shelf.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	85550  

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #9

Nice mods Jonesclarinet! Am I correct on your fence post stinky slinky mod, is it tied on the bumper with white ty wraps? Hard to tell from the photo.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #10
hamster

[IMG][/IMG]

I was worried if mounted my fence post under the bumper it would get crushed.
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #11

Rockfordroo: thanks - we are planning the shower plexi/guard already. I bet DH will like the propane cover idea. TStat is a non issue for us. We didn't put a shelf in the corner cabinet, but DH took out the false panel above it and put an open shelf in there. I used plastic shoe boxes stacked up in the lower cabinet, so I didn't need a shelf.

JimandChris: it was 36" zip ties (5 of them) but DH wasn't happy and has since added galvanized strapping.

Hamster: how long is yours? Ours can't clear the storage door if it above. It was also blocking the license plate- but I see how you avoided that. Do you have a 5" or 6" fence post? We aren't sure if the under mount is going to work quite frankly.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #12

Abover Corner cabinet : false panel removed, shelf installed

little partition to hold wire bundle back

will probably put some sort of cover over the back of the cable/outlet boxes but haven't yet
Old 08-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #13

Out in the trailer again today...

Inside of the lower corner cabinet, you can see the shelf above that DH put in to make the top area useful (see last post)

DH was unhappy with the 1/4" Luan plywood that made the seats of the dinette, so he re-made them with thicker plywood

While DH was looking at the water filter/pump area, he noticed something sticking into that dead space that goes across the front of the trailer...

So upon further investigation, it was the partition dividing the 'dead space' from the under couch storage. The partition was only affixed to the floor, and our stuff had knocked it backwards (leaning back but hard to tell in the pic)

Removed it

More space

Built an "L" shaped partition (used scrap from paenl removed over fridge) to put back in to protect those wires, and stop stuff from sliding to the dead space to the left. Installed it as far back as wires would allow. Gained 6 inches or so.

Mailman just came and brought my box from SuperBrightLEDs.com, so I'm headed back out to install them (Orange 'scare' light outside trailer, white light by tongue, bulbs in bunkend fans, fridge light, stove hood light). We do dry camp, and wanted to make sure we were all LED light our popup used to be.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #14

D'oh!

Forgot to order a bulb for the range hood.

Oh well, all the others are in and look good!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #15

Don't mean to be a wet blanket here as some of these mods are great ideas, but if you have to creat all the storage space could it be your packing too much???
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #16

when the DW and I camp we go south for 3 months at a time in my 183... and these small HTT have very little space to begin with.

It is better for us to take it and not need it then to want it and have to buy it again...

DO I need a blender? For a frozen margarita you do... and it takes up space. Do I need a toaster? Do I need extra pillows and blankets? well you get the idea...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #17

I bolted my fencepost up under the frame with Stainless nuts/bolts/washers. Here's pics and a drawing. Didn't have to drill any holes, and I moved it right over to my Mini Lite (last pic, before I painted it black). Definitely more expensive than cable ties, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose #1.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	85689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose #6.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	85690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fence post caps painted.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	85692  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sewer mod design drwg.pdf (69.9 KB, 43 views)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncgrandma View Post
Don't mean to be a wet blanket here as some of these mods are great ideas, but if you have to creat all the storage space could it be your packing too much???

I'm sure we actually pack a lot less than others. We carry no appliances except what's on board already. Still use our French press from our PUP/dry camping days. We don't pack anything "in the aisles" while we're towing. Only our duffles on the dinette. My cabinets aren't really full at all. We don't choose to store food in the camper so we keep the linens in the pantry. I think we're ok. I plan on using the two new cubbies for stuff while we are parked and 'in use' like the stuff that you take out of the storage compartments and have handy for use where they are easy to grab.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I bolted my fencepost up under the frame with Stainless nuts/bolts/washers. Here's pics and a drawing. Didn't have to drill any holes, and I moved it right over to my Mini Lite (last pic, before I painted it black). Definitely more expensive than cable ties, though.
That's pretty neat. DH actually modded ours again today to something like Hamster's in an earlier post. It's back on top now. He shortened it to clear the license plate, and it clears the storage door. He used galvanized strap.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #20

DH got back from the glass shop with the lexan for the screen door. Top and bottom panels cut and fit for $70. Now we just have to figure out the middle...

Installed the camco push bar on the door too.

It's been a long modding day!! Can't wait to camp in a few days!!

Tags
roo, modifications