Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #1

Mor Ryde steps for Shamrock 21SS

Anyone have these steps? I sure would like to have them, but I'm not sure they will fit a hybrid.
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #2

Been kind of window shopping fifth wheels recently and noticed that the Rockwood Signatures were coming with these standard now. May add these to mine in the meantime. As for fit, follow the link under qualifier on their site and it gives dimensions, etc.

The StepAboveâ„¢ is the Next Generation of RV Steps for Stable and Secure Footing.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #3

I like that idea. Funny story with the factory steps and the bouncing. One time while camping with some in-laws my 12 year old nephew started yelling from the steps for me to come quick! The toilet is overflowing! Followed by his dad yelling from the bathroom, "No it's not! Nevermind!". His son had been using the steps like a trampoline while his dad was on the toilet and got the camper rocking enough to slosh some out of the toilet his dad had just filled. His dad was ticked off (or maybe pissed?) But I found it amusing. Still had to act mad and give the ,"This is not a toy" speech to him and he got to clean up the mess. The factory steps are a bit bouncy.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
Anyone have these steps? I sure would like to have them, but I'm not sure they will fit a hybrid.
My local dealers have been putting steps like these into the new trailers they sell, and it looks like they would fit if your doorway is the same as a travel trailer or fifth wheel. I think doorways are pretty similar throughout the different models since all the doors are the same, lol.
Marcus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus80 View Post
My local dealers have been putting steps like these into the new trailers they sell, and it looks like they would fit if your doorway is the same as a travel trailer or fifth wheel. I think doorways are pretty similar throughout the different models since all the doors are the same, lol.
I would Tread Lightly on saying "All Doors are the Same"! Youroo!!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I would Tread Lightly on saying "All Doors are the Same"! Youroo!!
Yep. I desperately want to install more-ryde steps on my 8329ss. Others with the same camper have done so with no issues. But my door is assembled in such a way as to not allow enough clearance for the door to fully close with the steps down. I'd bet real money that the campers that came down tge line before and after mine dont have that problem.

More-ryde has very detailed directions on their website showing how to measure to see if you will have enough room for them. Its worth looking at before you buy.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #7

My assertion was that interior dimensions for travel trailer doors are standardized.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
My assertion was that interior dimensions for travel trailer doors are standardized.
Nope. There are huge variations on the sizes.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
Nope. There are huge variations on the sizes.
Gotcha. And I would assume the manufacturing process would make it even more complicated by adding an additional 1/2 or so of variation to the door size.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #10
Broken Toe

Quote:
Gotcha. And I would assume the manufacturing process would make it even more complicated by adding an additional 1/2 or so of variation to the door size.

Variation in door size (width) is not a huge concern. there is a lot of adjustment in the latches to accommodate up to an inch or inch and a half of width variation. What killed it for me is the clearance UNDER the door. You need some fraction of an inch (I cant remember exactly how much) between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the frame so the door can close with the steps deployed. I had that at the 'latch' side of the door, but not at the 'hinge' side.

More-ryde was VERY gracious and refunded my money without question. I never looked to see how much work it will take to correct it, but if I ever do, I'll have my More-rydes in a New York minute

tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Variation in door size (width) is not a huge concern. there is a lot of adjustment in the latches to accommodate up to an inch or inch and a half of width variation. What killed it for me is the clearance UNDER the door. You need some fraction of an inch (I cant remember exactly how much) between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the frame so the door can close with the steps deployed. I had that at the 'latch' side of the door, but not at the 'hinge' side.

More-ryde was VERY gracious and refunded my money without question. I never looked to see how much work it will take to correct it, but if I ever do, I'll have my More-rydes in a New York minute

tim
I just installed the MORryde in our 8329SS. It called for the step hinge to be screwed down at 15/16" that would not work. But I put it at 1 1/8" and worked out well. Not meaning to brag more curious to know if you tried to adjust it any.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
I just installed the MORryde in our 8329SS. It called for the step hinge to be screwed down at 15/16" that would not work. But I put it at 1 1/8" and worked out well. Not meaning to brag more curious to know if you tried to adjust it any.
We finally installed ours yesterday. We had to readjust everything. There was no clearance to close the door. The hump on the thing was too high. It is in now and fits well, but we will never do a upgrade like this again. I must say though, I feel much safer climbing up and down these steps.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #13

Problems seem to be mostly at the bottom clearance with the steps down and trying to close the door/screen. I am in the process now of trying to figure a way around this. Step Above/ Moryde calls for 3/8 of an inch clearance between door threshold and bottom of door and screen. I have about 1/8 inch.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Problems seem to be mostly at the bottom clearance with the steps down and trying to close the door/screen. I am in the process now of trying to figure a way around this. Step Above/ Moryde calls for 3/8 of an inch clearance between door threshold and bottom of door and screen. I have about 1/8 inch.

Jack
We found it was mostly the screen door, he was able to shift that up a bit. Its a tricky install, but so worth it.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack

If you haven’t committed to the MorRyde steps, maybe consider the Torklift GlowSteps. They install into the existing step box and avoid clearance issues.

Tags
shamrock