Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #1

Moving over to a Murphy Bed 23FBDS

Sorry guys...these old bones are tired of climbing in and out of the bunks, so we've decided to move on. Not up, just on. We're looking at a 23FBDs with a murphy bed. Pretty much the same lay out as our 23ikss, but without the bunks. Big floor space, even with the bed down. It'll take getting used to the layout, but I think I'll like it. Same size trailer over all, just easier on the bones. We're goin' all out with power tongue & stabilizer jacks to ease the strain on my husbands shoulders, and a nice queen BED. I can't wait to just SIT on a bed instead of climbing into and out of and over my husband bed.

Anyway, our 2014 23ikss is for sale, and it is a pretty camper. I've submitted an ad in the classified section here, but till that is approved, I'll show you some pictures and details here. Feel free to ask any questions, or let me know if I left anything out of my description.

I know there is a nice growing family that would LOVE my Roo...just gotta find them! I am located in CT. Asking price is starting at $17,500.00 or reasonable offer.

I'm sure I'll forget some things, because this camper is loaded!
Solid wood raised panel cabinetry throughout
Two Queen tent bunks with heated mattresses
One double fold out sofa with airbed and under storage.
Dinette for four, also folds into large twin bed.
Large dinette window, window over the sofa, over the kitchen counter and two on the slide ends.
All windows have valances, pleated night shades and curtains. (kitchen has aluminum mini-blinds)
Dinette/sofa slide has overhead cabinets.
Dinette has under seat drawer/door storage
BATHROOM:
foot flush toilet, corner shower and full size sink with overhead cabinet. Large linen closet also.
Two large wardrobes in the back of the camper
KITCHEN:
6.0 cubic foot fridge/freezer, three burner gas stove with oven, overhead exhaust hood, microwave oven, overhead cabinets, large counter space for prep work with three drawers and door cabinet that leads to outside compartment. Kitchen island with double sink, sink cover, and great storage in island cabinetry.

Lots of outside pass through storage,
17' power awning
Aluminum dual axle wheels
Sky light in kitchen
Fantastic fans in living area and bathroom, with roof covers so you can run your fans in the rain,
Air conditioning 13,500BTU central and ducted throughout the trailer.
6 gallon water heater with dsi
large holding tanks
Two 20lb propane tanks with hardside cover.

AM,FM,CD,DVD, BLUETOOTH entertainment center
Speakers inside and outside
Bumper mounted gas grill with quick connect hose to propane line.
Full bumper (storage of dump hose inside bumper)
Water system filter
Forced air furnace/heating system
smoke detector
carbon monoxide detector
propane detector
full fuse/breaker panel

Things we will include:
*TWO 20" flat screen televisions mounted in the living area and the back bunk with remotes. You can also remove the tv and mount it to the outside of the camper. Value: 200.00+
* Sewer hose
*Black tank cleaning wand
*reflectix for bunk windows to keep heat out in summer/ in during cold months
*Roof reflective pugs to keep the heat off the top of the bunk ends in the hot months. Value: 120.00
*Wardrobe hanging organizers
*doorside solid wood organizer compartments
*Bunk fan/lights
*Full propane tanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150529_181443.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	627.4 KB
ID:	112811   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150329_184239.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	112812   Click image for larger version

Name:	ikss kitchen.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	112813   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150810_202416.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	112814   Click image for larger version

Name:	23ikss floor plan.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	112815  

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:14 AM   #2

Ha! We are doing almost the same thing though we are moving away from Rockwood in order to get a lighter trailer. We, like you, decided that we didn't need the sleeping space that a hybrid offers as it is only the two of us. So we, too, are selling our 23IKSS. Ours is the early 2016 model which we have owned less than a year and only has a few hundred miles on it. I just posted on the Classifieds right next to yours but I priced it higher. Plus, we're in Colorado so we won't be "competing" ;-)

We really did like many things about the hybrid and especially the 23IKSS. These are awesome trailers. And if we had kids, etc. we would definitely stick with it. But we rarely even deployed both beds so it was a bit of overkill for what we need for sleeping space.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhroo View Post
Ha! We are doing almost the same thing though we are moving away from Rockwood in order to get a lighter trailer. We, like you, decided that we didn't need the sleeping space that a hybrid offers as it is only the two of us. So we, too, are selling our 23IKSS. Ours is the early 2016 model which we have owned less than a year and only has a few hundred miles on it. I just posted on the Classifieds right next to yours but I priced it higher. Plus, we're in Colorado so we won't be "competing" ;-)

We really did like many things about the hybrid and especially the 23IKSS. These are awesome trailers. And if we had kids, etc. we would definitely stick with it. But we rarely even deployed both beds so it was a bit of overkill for what we need for sleeping space.
What are you looking to buy? I'd like lighter too, but i'm kind of hooked on the 2304DS or the flagstaff 23FBDS. I'm up for any ad all suggestions..

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
What are you looking to buy? I'd like lighter too, but i'm kind of hooked on the 2304DS or the flagstaff 23FBDS. I'm up for any ad all suggestions..
Mini Lite 2503S - DW loves the huge bathroom.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #5

We wanted to be able to continue using our Land Rover LR4 to tow so we needed to avoid going any heavier. At the same time, we wanted to get something large enough that we could go on extended trips in a couple of years when we retire. So we ended up spending considerably more money for a hard side that is almost a foot longer than our 23IKSS but is 500 lbs lighter. This meant we had to move to something other than a Forest River product or in fact anything that comes from that same midwest birthing ground for so many trailer and RV products.

That said, you all and most others are using a adequately sized truck for your TV so you can go a bit heavier which opens up more options for you. The Mini-lites look great.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23fb, bed