Old 12-31-2017, 04:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see where you could park the thing for a stay-over.
Forgot to ask....How's your Summer ? -18C/-2F here with -28C/-20F here tonight.

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #22

Quote:
I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see where you could park the thing for a stay-over.
Hey ! How's your summer ? -18C here in Nebraska US.

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:44 PM   #23

I had a jack ruined by road debris on a trip this summer. I got a pair at Camping World and changed them both because they were heavier than the originals.

The holes were just a bit off but after a few passes with a round file they fit fine.

Iíve thought about making them quick detachable. Good project for the off season, if it warms up a little.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
Fulltime family RVer

I go through a set about every 6 months- towing nose high and a lot of miles will do that!

I have bought from etrailer and from RV parts stores. Wherever is cheaper.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #25

I had to replace my stabilizers as well and found these to be a great replacement for my 2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH

Eaz-Lift 24" RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack, Fits Pop-Up Campers and Travel Trailers - ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKKS4W8..._YVAsAb1N848R7
Ctrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #26
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Hey ! How's your summer ? -18C here in Nebraska US.
At the moment, summer is all over the place, as usual. From low 20's C to high 30's, in the same week. One day it was 28 degrees then within a few minutes we had hail stones the size of golf balls and it was still in the low 20's. It lasted about 5 minutes. Lots of water on the ground and lots of damage to stuff caught without shelter. Cars especially were covered in dents. Not as bad as one 5 years ago, the hail was tennis ball size and it went on for nearly 10 minutes. People were hospitalized with broken bones, head wounds etc. That was the year roof repair businesses had big pay days.

This week it has been running between 25 and 28 degrees C. The really hot days come in Jan thru early March, when the tennis is on.

It's all pretty normal actually. We are now waiting for bush fire season.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #27

I found replacement RV scissor jack/stabilizers at Harbour Freight. They are of good quality and probably the same thing you would find elsewhere for twice the price! Check them out here.... https://m.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-ha...ack-96406.html
chopper702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #28

Quote:
At the moment, summer is all over the place, as usual. From low 20's C to high 30's, in the same week. One day it was 28 degrees then within a few minutes we had hail stones the size of golf balls and it was still in the low 20's. It lasted about 5 minutes. Lots of water on the ground and lots of damage to stuff caught without shelter. Cars especially were covered in dents. Not as bad as one 5 years ago, the hail was tennis ball size and it went on for nearly 10 minutes. People were hospitalized with broken bones, head wounds etc. That was the year roof repair businesses had big pay days.

This week it has been running between 25 and 28 degrees C. The really hot days come in Jan thru early March, when the tennis is on.

It's all pretty normal actually. We are now waiting for bush fire season.
Was in your area the year Sidney almost burned. We visited Rod Hadfelds shop.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #29

I had to replace one and picked up a heavier duty one for about $30 at Harbor Freight
goodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #30
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Was in your area the year Sidney almost burned. We visited Rod Hadfelds shop.
We are a lot further south than Sydney. We are in one of the nicer parts of the country (IMHO), Knoxfield, southeast of Melbourne at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, near Ferntree Gully. Google it. Been here since 1969, when there were no sealed roads, no sewerage and no storm drains and orchards all around. At the start of each (almost predicatble) winter, I would build a bridge from the front porch to the 'street' so we didn't have to paddle through ankle deep water/mud. Couldn't park the car in the drive 'cause some days we wouldn't get out, at least not without a tow (no 4x4). Ah, the good old days.

Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks