Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #31

I had a mishap to and went the same route as some with the eaz-lift. Awesome quality, I did the ones rated at 8,000lbs. A lot beefier than the stock ones I figured the stronger the less likely to fold them. Anyways a lil tip for you not sure on your camper length mines about 31', I bent two Jack's and ordered four to replace each corner with the same. The two left over stock ones I mounted in front of my trailer tires so I have a total of six stabilizers by doin this it sure made the trailer a hell of a lot sturdier when the lil ones are in there. I couldn't say if it was directly because of the two extra or just the better quality but I won't be taking off the extra set anytime soon.

Bedlinedf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
We are a lot further south than Sydney. We are in one of the nicer parts of the country (IMHO), Knoxfield, southeast of Melbourne at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, near Ferntree Gully. Google it. Been here since 1969, when there were no sealed roads, no sewerage and no storm drains and orchards all around. At the start of each (almost predicatble) winter, I would build a bridge from the front porch to the 'street' so we didn't have to paddle through ankle deep water/mud. Couldn't park the car in the drive 'cause some days we wouldn't get out, at least not without a tow (no 4x4). Ah, the good old days.
I said I was in your area the year Sidney almost burned. Went from your Capital down to the Southern coast and back visiting Hot Rod Shops along the way. About a 3200 mile trip around the eastern side of your fine country.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #33

We had a mishap with one of our front jacks last spring. When I got it off it was apparent that they were not very sturdy.

We replaced all four of them with these 6000 lb jacks - since our trailer's GVWR is 6570 lbs, they're far more than enough.

Pretty sure the holes matched.

As for the Save-A-Jack, I wish we had known about those before - it might have saved us lifting our trailer! On the plus side, it's a LOT easier to crawl under it now.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #34
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I said I was in your area the year Sidney almost burned. Went from your Capital down to the Southern coast and back visiting Hot Rod Shops along the way. About a 3200 mile trip around the eastern side of your fine country.
Yes I saw that your were in NSW. Funny thing about differences between countries like ours/yours, there aren't that many. But, it is always fun to visit another place. It may be similar to home but the very nature of it being overseas makes it more exotic.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
Yes I saw that your were in NSW. Funny thing about differences between countries like ours/yours, there aren't that many. But, it is always fun to visit another place. It may be similar to home but the very nature of it being overseas makes it more exotic.
This is true. We were in a couple small towns that had never met Americans before. Had a lot of fun. I was there the first time in 87 for The Street Rod nationals. The guy/Mate that set up the tour had local,car clubs pick us up. Had a lot of fun with them. That's why we went back.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #36
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
This is true. We were in a couple small towns that had never met Americans before. Had a lot of fun. I was there the first time in 87 for The Street Rod nationals. The guy/Mate that set up the tour had local,car clubs pick us up. Had a lot of fun with them. That's why we went back.
You should come here for the Summer Nats. A crazy few days, a little like schoolies week, with hot cars, rods, dragsters, wrecks, lots of burning rubber, and drinking of course.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #37

Street Rod Nats was pretty wild! A lot different then ours. We made friends with a host family and keep in touch. Their girls at different times have come up here to visit!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:56 AM   #38
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Street Rod Nats was pretty wild! A lot different then ours. We made friends with a host family and keep in touch. Their girls at different times have come up here to visit!
Cool.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #39

After driving away for the fourth time, I also replaced mine with ones I found on Amazon. Problem is now solved by Storing jack handle on drivers seat when camping.
bwilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #40
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilbur View Post
After driving away for the fourth time, I also replaced mine with ones I found on Amazon. Problem is now solved by Storing jack handle on drivers seat when camping.
That's what I would do. It is stories like this that make me happy mine are attached to the body, and electric.

Tags
jacks