Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #11

I just want to chip in we have a rear slide model and LOVE it. You get the extra space and don't have to deal with the canvas.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapa View Post
I just want to chip in we have a rear slide model and LOVE it. You get the extra space and don't have to deal with the canvas.
I have not seen that model anywhere. Where can I find photos of one?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by realfam View Post
Just took a look at the link. Here's my thoughts. I think the first one is a direct order from the factory, so your paying top dollar. The Roo with the $4000 discount is obviously in inventory and they want to move it off there lot. They have probably been using it for a demo. I also noticed there was no tv on the mount, which I thought was standard. I also didn't see the bbq , again which I thought was standard. Things I saw that I was impressed with was, aluminum rims (thats an upgrade), it has a power jack (another upgrade).
I have noticed that there is different versions of the 2013 Roo19. Our was built in July 2012 so it has the first edition of the 2013 graphics/decals. The one in the picture is definately the newest edition. When you go to look at it, check out the yellow sticker on the back side near the front plumbing access door. This sticker will tell you exactly when it was built.
Looks great!!! I think you could still beat them up a bit on price. If you are going to a RV show they usually have some pretty good deals on as well.
Thanks for your feedback. I didn't know about those upgrades or how to tell when it was built.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #14

Please remember that most people post only the negative and I'm sure many hybrids have no problems what so ever. If your concerned about buying a lemon, try to find a leftover at a dealer . Any problems would be visible before purchase. The key is maintenance by you, checking all caulking of all seams. The engineering of these trailers is amazing, but unfortunately people assemble them and mistakes do happen. Good luck, I love my hybrid!

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #15

For my 2cents; I would take a look at the Rockwood Roo 23RS or 25RS, the hard-sided version with the rear slide. Our children are considering this model; as they have run into a lot of noisey neighbors at campgrounds, so they believe this would be a good solution for them. I would check-out rvtrader.com and search for these models to get an idea of the interior. Good luck with your decision, it's a tough one to make.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #16

It's like buying a car, you get a deal you feel OK with, go for it. If it's more than you're willing to pay, don't buy it. (If I worried that much about getting screwed, I'd never buy anything!)

We bought a 2012 Roo19 in April, Milwaukee, WI; paid $16,725. Seagrass interior. I think the cabinents are Tuscan (maybe Hickory, I don't recall). Came with the "Convience Package" (13,500 BTU A/C, 22" LCD TV, TV Antenna, Microwave, 6 gal gas/elec wtr htr, awning, windows w/ tinted safety glass, outside speakers). Also has the outdoor grill, which works very well. Have been out about 8 nights, one VERY heavy rain, a couple normal rains. We've only used the front bunk at this point, but no leaks. Somewhere on this forum someone who just bought a 2013 Roo said he got LED's instead of incandecent lights for the interior; I'm sure that ups the price a bit (ever priced an LED?). Have been happy so far. Biggest gripe is the folding table. To heavy and hard to fold/unfold.

One comment regarding your past life with a popup: I pulled a 1988 Coleman Sequoia for 20 yrs with 3 different Dodge Caravans. No problems. Now I'm pulling the Roo with a 2011 Chevy Traverse. Not happy. Traverse tow limit is 5200 lbs, and I'm probably not over 4400 lbs, but the problem is the drag, not the weight. Didn't expect drag to be the problem it's become. Runs in 4th gear on level ground, 3000 rpm, 10 mpg. I'll probably look into a used V8 pickup with a little more umphh for a tow vehicle in the spring.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #17

Roo Travel Trailer Floorplans by Forest River

There are the floorplans for the 23 rs and 25 rs on forest rivers website.