I have a 2014 Shamrock 183 that I got last May. I did a few weekends in it and some driveway camping to get used to it last summer. Then I used it for 10 weeks with the wife over the winter in FL... Luv IT! Amazing how much room is in that traveling box for such a small size and no slides. I have never put up the dining table, preferring the storage space the bed gives for clothes and such. I can still store some things under the table in containers.
I removed all of the false panels in the cabinets... there must have been 6 or 7 altogether to free up some room. Probably doubled the small amount of space the 183 gives you. Make sure you got your vac handy as you will find plenty of debris to clean up that was covered up by these panels.
The wires under the entertainment center and through the cabinet I merely bundled together with nylon ties. I removed the bottom shelf in that cabinet, then used it to cover the hole in the floor, so I could stand a toaster and some foodstuffs on it. I purchased at HD some 16 inch wide wire shelving, and two pairs of brackets to hold two shelves that I cut to size. That gives me the floor and two shelves to store goods on instead of the floor and one very tall shelf. The wire shelf lets me look through to the lower shelves instead of getting on my knees to see what is in there. I screwed the brackets into the very thin back wall with a number of coarse thread screws to distribute the load and hopefully they won't rip out. I don't plan on loading the wire shelves down with heavy cans... those can go on the floor.
I used some 2x2 lumber cut to length and screwed them to the sides of the overhead cabinet above the sink. I added a cut-to-measure wire shelf held up by the 2x2's to nearly double the storage in that cabinet.
I bypassed the water filter and bought an add-on hose filter on Amazon, as I read that they can come loose and run water all over the unseen flooring in the front compartment.
I bought a bar to put on the inside of the screen door to be able to push or pull on it from the inside, again from Amazon. That strengthened the entire door. I had to replace the flimsy screen door latch that broke about the 10 time it was used.
My outside door opened more than 90 degrees, and while putting up the awning, the key was hanging out the keyhole on the door and it bent and broke off the key in the lock. That won't happen again as I moved the door stop cylinder screw-on location on the door to prevent the door from opening more than 90 degrees, therefore not interfering with the awning anymore.
I took off all of the rims/tires and took them to the local tire store to have them balanced as I thought I felt an imbalance while towing the TT home for 2 hours for the first time. Much better towing now.
My radio/amp/DVD was only wired to the left side of the two inside speakers... the right side was completely unhooked... made playing CD's sound weird as you only got 1/2 the stereo sound. I added some bookshelf speakers up front and wired them for B, while using A left/right on both inside speakers. Pull off the amp trim from both sides to expose the screws holding the unit in if you have the same problem.
I am in the process of adding LED lights to the inside of all compartments and shelves to aid in seeing what is in them. The wife and I both used the fan/lights over the beds much more then I thought we would. I ordered replacement LED lights for all of the incandescent lights recently. I got mine through M4 Products
Click the link
I bought a cloth shoe keeper, a large one and screwed that onto the inside of the bathroom door. This gave me a place to not only store shoes, but lots of other stuff in the pockets where shoes would be stored. That reminds me, I had to move the door latch striker on the bathroom door cutout as it would not hit the latch and would not allow the door to remain closed... a small quality issue from the factory.
I bought replacement, better quality plastic plugs for the rear bumper, these are without large holes, as bees found the holes in the OEM plugs and built a nest in the bumper. I also glued in screen on all the outside air panels for fridge and such to prevent bugs from getting in and building nests.
I stocked up on nitrile gloves at the Harbor Freight store to use when dealing with the black water/sewer dump station.
I washed and waxed my unit twice last summer ( extra heavy on the front), and the protective wax seems to still be doing a good job. I will reapply soon. I just washed my roof with SPic and Span last week, and it looks nearly new again.
I bought a small 1.5 gallon vac and a bunch of vacuum storage bags that we use for pillows/blankets chair cushions and anything bulky. They crunch down to 30% or less and can be stored a lot easier when traveling. The vac stays in the front compartment when not being used to clean the floors from dirt, etc or restoring unused bedding to a vac bag.
I did not like the idea of wires hanging off the electric brakes unprotected. I cut off the wire ties on most of the underside wiring on my unit. Harbor Freight sells wire loom pretty cheap that I used to cover and protect all of the exposed wiring under the trailer.
I am sure I missed something that I have done, but this covers the most significant things I did to my 183 in the past year. Looking forward to some weeks and weekends this summer, before heading back south this winter with the wife.
I'm sure you will enjoy yours.