Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
You're 100% right. I never looked at the picture. Sorry about that. I also see that there doesn't seem to be a swing arm for the grill either. Sooo... disregard everything I said except for the "congratulations"

Is that a backup camera mounted on the rear above the three marker lights?

I thought FR put those camera mounts on all the new Rockwood models but it is a blank compartment that you still have to buy the camera to connect it to?

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #62

It is the mounting bracket for a wireless back up camera (sold separately of course). I'll have to take a closer look at the bracket on the tv now.
spiderwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwv View Post
It is the mounting bracket for a wireless back up camera (sold separately of course). I'll have to take a closer look at the bracket on the tv now.
If you get the camera - we did since I didn't see the point in (re)installing the hardwired camera we had on the previous camper - don't assume that the wiring is good.

After installing the camera and trying to figure out why it wouldn't work I pulled the wiring out and found that the ground wire was not connected. (It must not have been inserted all the way when they crimped the connector.) Worked beautifully after that was fixed.

Also keep in mind that you have to have the running lights on for power to reach the camera. (I 'knew' that - but forgot to do it. Old age ain't what I thought it would be. . .)
2006 Fleetwood Bayside / 2006 4Runner
1999 Coleman SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #64

I don't think the kitchen slide is smaller. I think they moved it forward. That's why they moved the TV to the rest. But, on my way to my dealer to finally pick up the wire and house bracket that broke last year.

Tags
roo