Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
tmfaulksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vermilion Parish, LOUISIANA
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwv View Post
Picked up my 2016 23ikss this afternoon... very excited!
awesome unit.....
really enjoy it...
__________________

__________________
the faulks & prince
2012 Nissan Titan CC
Roadmaster Active Suspension, Firestone Airbags
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #52
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 41
Congratulations!
__________________

__________________
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwv View Post
Picked up my 2016 23ikss this afternoon... very excited!

Congrats!! We have the 2014 model we bought new in late 2013, the 23ikss is a great camper. You will love it. Bring on the mods!!
__________________
Nccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
deartruc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Southern New England
Posts: 818
Congrats! Where/when is the first trip?
__________________
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwv View Post
Picked up my 2016 23ikss this afternoon... very excited!

Interesting with the new layout the kitchen slide is smaller and the space from the rear of the slide to the back of the unit is much longer, noticed this by that Black strip that could hold grill or small table.

I wonder if all these changes were just to fit the larger showers seems they are all geared towards the new showers


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Robs1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 105
Congratulations enjoy


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Robs1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
The black strip is for a grill. There is also connections and a mounting bracket for the TV, but I can't figure out how to do this since the tv is mounted inside on a normal mounting bracket that is not made for quick disconnect. I'm assuming that I would need an additional tv with a special mount that fits the bracket. I haven't opened the box for the grill yet... It's possible that the mount is included.
__________________
spiderwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:39 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
DK-in-SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwv View Post
The black strip is for a grill. There is also connections and a mounting bracket for the TV, but I can't figure out how to do this since the tv is mounted inside on a normal mounting bracket that is not made for quick disconnect. I'm assuming that I would need an additional tv with a special mount that fits the bracket. I haven't opened the box for the grill yet... It's possible that the mount is included.
Congratulations on your new camper!
That rail that you have on the kitchen side can be used for the grill, but can also be used for a black shelf that you should have received. On our 2015 23IKSS we have two rails - one on each side of the kitchen slide. I actually purchased another shelf, so now we have two. I like having one by the door for setting thing as we come in and out of the camper, and having one back by the grill for cooking. Normally you'd attach the grill to the swinging arm that is attached to the bumper.

When you want to take the TV outside, the TV and mounting arm will both come out as one piece, and you will attach the arm to the mounting bracket on the outside of your camper.

Enjoy!
__________________
I live with fear every day, and sometimes she lets me go fishing.

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #59
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Congratulations on your new camper!
That rail that you have on the kitchen side can be used for the grill, but can also be used for a black shelf that you should have received. On our 2015 23IKSS we have two rails - one on each side of the kitchen slide. I actually purchased another shelf, so now we have two. I like having one by the door for setting thing as we come in and out of the camper, and having one back by the grill for cooking. Normally you'd attach the grill to the swinging arm that is attached to the bumper.

Enjoy!
That is a great tip, but I looked at the picture that was posted on the previous page and I think there is only one rail in the back now. That is probably how ours is going to come I guess. I agree having a table outside by the door is very helpful. Will have to maybe look for a small standing table.
__________________
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
DK-in-SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feasba View Post
That is a great tip, but I looked at the picture that was posted on the previous page and I think there is only one rail in the back now. That is probably how ours is going to come I guess. I agree having a table outside by the door is very helpful. Will have to maybe look for a small standing table.
You're 100% right. I never looked at the picture. Sorry about that. I also see that there doesn't seem to be a swing arm for the grill either. Sooo... disregard everything I said except for the "congratulations"

Is that a backup camera mounted on the rear above the three marker lights?
__________________

__________________
I live with fear every day, and sometimes she lets me go fishing.

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.