Old 02-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #11

On a side note we loved the 21SS, just outgrew it. With the tent ends closed and the slide out we could fit a full inflatable bed on the floor. We did this once in a storm with the kids sleeping on the couch/futon and the dinette. Worked well.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
You'll have a have a hard time getting top dollar for it but you can easily get more than you'll ever receive on trade. Its too new. Most buyers will realize they can buy new for not much more or less than the actual value of your 2015. The others will attempt to lowball you. You have to be able to let it go for less than you know its worth.

What will kill you is people will look at NADA and see the value is shown as 18.6K to 22.4K. The smart ones who do that, which are probably the people with the money, will have enough common sense to know they can get a 2016 or probably a 2017 for less than 22K and with that will come the full manufacturers warranty which you can't offer whether its worth anything or not.

I was offered 8600 trade on a 2013 hybrid valued at 16,5 K by multiple dealers last fall. The value dropped to 15.5K which happens every so often. I was more than happy to sell when offered 12K as I only owed 8K.

Using real numbers on the new I'd bet the dealers would want to give you around 11K trade. I'd expect to sell privately somewhere between that and the low book number if I wanted to sell fast.

If you have the time to sit around, you always have the chance of that one special buyer coming along but its a gamble.

This is also the best time to be selling, wait until fall and its a buyers market. Good Luck.

I own mine outright and will not trade it bc I won't take anything less than fair market value. That being said I am in no rush and if we decide to keep mine after this year I won't sell it this fall however I might list it to see how high I can get and if the numbers look good all that goes back in my pocket. I won't ever buy new again, just not worth it, dealers don't want to service them, warranties are not transferable and you lose too much in the first 3 years. I am looking at a used Crusader 290/295 between 2012-2015 but just browsing as no dealer is going to give me that much for my trade or come down that much on the new. Like the boating industry it just isn't worth spending that much in these things, the Roo 23ikss works for us, warranty is in my name, I own it and use it 30-40 nights per year. I appreciate all the tips but I will keep it before losing my shirt on it.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 02-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I own mine outright and will not trade it bc I won't take anything less than fair market value. That being said I am in no rush and if we decide to keep mine after this year I won't sell it this fall however I might list it to see how high I can get and if the numbers look good all that goes back in my pocket. I won't ever buy new again, just not worth it, dealers don't want to service them, warranties are not transferable and you lose too much in the first 3 years. I am looking at a used Crusader 290/295 between 2012-2015 but just browsing as no dealer is going to give me that much for my trade or come down that much on the new. Like the boating industry it just isn't worth spending that much in these things, the Roo 23ikss works for us, warranty is in my name, I own it and use it 30-40 nights per year. I appreciate all the tips but I will keep it before losing my shirt on it.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

If you want to test the waters, check the Net to see what is on the market and how they compare with NADA. We have found craigslist.org a great place to sell. We have sold boats and campers with great success. The ads are free.

Make sure TT is detailed, write a very detailed ad, and post a lot of good pictures. The results may surprise you. We have priced high and then negotiated to get the price we wanted. We also keep a folder of comps to show prospects that we know the market. It takes patience.

Craigslist only allows one ad/item. Duplicate ads can be flagged and deleted by any users. However, craigslist does post these ads across adjoining geographic areas. A tip that we use when advertising on craigslist is to keep the ad up front. The working people read the ads during the weekend. Each Friday, we delete the ad (unless we have a pending customer). The site then asks if you want to repost. Click on the repost, follow the prompts and your ad is up front as a new ad. The old ad is gone as is the time stamp as to how long it has been for sale. This trick has brought immediate results on many occasions.

Serious people will give you serious offers and it comes down to negotiating. We are courteous with all prospective buyers. We thank them for the offer, but we will hold for a better offer. At times, the low ballers will just be testing you.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
How did you sell your 21ss? How did the whole process of selling it go? I have a brand new 2015 23ikss and I am thinking of selling mine to upgrade to an Crusader Fifth Wheel 295, but not trading it in bc dealer just low balls us every time

2015 Roo 23IKSS

I sold it on CL in 1 day. Priced it about $2k below dealer listings -> @10,600 firm (owed much less). Had 6 callers in the first 12 hrs.

I detailed the camper clean as new, took multiple pics from clean and from "in-use" family pics. Also put the same hi-res pics on Google Photos to email perspective callers.

I set a time in the morning for multiple peeps to look at it. Had 2 people show up at the same time and wanted to buy it within 5 minutes of kicking the tires. after a short bidding war, I was offered $900 above asking and sold it.

They are in high demand here in CO. Both parties mentioned going to the RV show the prior weekend and getting the camping bug.
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #15

Quote:

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Yes it sucks. Pay the fees and throw it up with an ad on RVtrader with all the bells and whistles. You might just find the "right" buyer. It will only cost you $75. It takes time but you wont get close to the full value without finding that "right" buyer. You should be able to find a few that sold on eBay or at a dealer that will tell you ballpark what they are getting for them, but you'll need to factor in the market. You're in a higher market in NJ but a buyer interested from somewhere else, in a lower market like here, will not care about the NJ market prices.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
If you want to test the waters, check the Net to see what is on the market and how they compare with NADA. We have found craigslist.org a great place to sell. We have sold boats and campers with great success. The ads are free.

Make sure TT is detailed, write a very detailed ad, and post a lot of good pictures. The results may surprise you. We have priced high and then negotiated to get the price we wanted. We also keep a folder of comps to show prospects that we know the market. It takes patience.

Craigslist only allows one ad/item. Duplicate ads can be flagged and deleted by any users. However, craigslist does post these ads across adjoining geographic areas. A tip that we use when advertising on craigslist is to keep the ad up front. The working people read the ads during the weekend. Each Friday, we delete the ad (unless we have a pending customer). The site then asks if you want to repost. Click on the repost, follow the prompts and your ad is up front as a new ad. The old ad is gone as is the time stamp as to how long it has been for sale. This trick has brought immediate results on many occasions.

Serious people will give you serious offers and it comes down to negotiating. We are courteous with all prospective buyers. We thank them for the offer, but we will hold for a better offer. At times, the low ballers will just be testing you.

Great news and I keep mine in impeccable shape especially that I clean before and after each trip. I will try this method in the fall, using it this season and moving in July so a lot going on but I may sell it then wait until spring to buy a newer used one if we decide.

Thanks for all the information who posted on this good to hear there are options, and I think the Roo's move quickly compared to some other types of campers, fingers crossed.

🤔😋😊

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Great news and I keep mine in impeccable shape especially that I clean before and after each trip. I will try this method in the fall, using it this season and moving in July so a lot going on but I may sell it then wait until spring to buy a newer used one if we decide.

Thanks for all the information who posted on this good to hear there are options, and I think the Roo's move quickly compared to some other types of campers, fingers crossed.

🤔😋😊

2015 Roo 23IKSS

You'll get a better price selling in the spring than in the fall.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
You'll get a better price selling in the spring than in the fall.
X2 Now is the time!
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #19

Not in a rush next spring it goes on the market using it this year, getting a new F150 XLT FX4 SCREW, 6.5 ft bd, EB 3.5 Loaded first then the 5er

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 AM   #20

we took 3 hours on our pdi on our 23ss before we signed the papers and had everything tested all 3 tanks full to check for leaks (gray,black,water) under water pressure and both air then heater running fridge on and we brought our own thermometer to check the tent of both fridge and inside trailer temp