Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
New 23SS, floor creaking

Bought my 23SS this Spring and overall am very happy with it. Very small list so far of warranty repairs. The most troub ling of these is the creaking floor. The area in front of the fridge really creeks and is bothersome. I contacted the dealership and drove it to him so he could hear it for himself. He called Forest river and they said in the Fall return it and they will ship it back to the factory so the floor can be replaced. Seems like it would be easier just to give me a new one when I placed the claim. I'm concerned that the trailer will not come back in the same shape as when I took delivery. I think the trailer will need to be totally stripped of all cabinetry and the like. I guess I'll be taking some very detailed video before I return it for the replacement. Any suggestions or thought I should be concerned with.
I'm new to this forum as well as TT's, I'm very happy I found this site

Billyclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
if it really bothers you, then have them send it back. they only have to repair the problem, not exchange it.
most owners who have had their RV sent back to the factory have been glad they did.
the factory goes over it with a fine tooth comb and will correct anything else they find.
some have had improvements made.

of course, there's no guarantee that your experience will be the same, but every post i've seen about the same situation has been a positive experience for the owner.

i would wait for the off season. then you don't have to store it.

bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Grape Escape
Friends sent their unit back to factory to replace rear wall and complete roof unit as there was a large dip in roof. They must have had to disassemble whole trailer and I was amased how well it looked after. Probably better than new as this time it was done off the assembly line. Can't stay in business too long if they do this very often.
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote

23ss, roo