Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
pxt

New bunk end water issue fix

Had new Gutters Installed by a local fabricator. Powder coat finish and made out of Aluminium. Got tired of pvc pipe trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583083088.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	115446   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583093537.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	115447   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583104117.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	115448   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583112766.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	115449   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583121556.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	115450  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1469583132945.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	115451  
pxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 PM   #2

Looks nice and clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 AM   #3
pxt

The fabricator mentioned he can make these for folks for 100$ a piece.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:39 AM   #4
CanRoo

Very nice, How are they attached? Are they glued on?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Pkostiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxt View Post
$100 for the set or each piece?
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Had new Gutters Installed by a local fabricator. Powder coat finish and made out of Aluminium. Got tired of pvc pipe trick.
Quote:
I bet he would I paid about $1.45 a foot for mine, less than $10 each...........But since I do not want to go into the gutter business oh well. Any glazing contractor who does commercial storefront can make or have these made.

Mine are commercial grade storefront metal, .040 gauge, factory painted Kynar finish and bent with a bottom hem. Attached with 3m red molding tape and caulked in with clear Geocel Proflex RV.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #7

Does this help when towing in the rain?
MentallyRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #8
pxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkostiw View Post
Very nice, How are they attached? Are they glued on?

Industrial double sided tape. I can hang on these it's so strong.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #9
pxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentallyRetired View Post
Does this help when towing in the rain?
Yes it will due to the angle.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #10

So these are on the actual bunk ends and not on the body of the camper? Any chance of some closer pictures of the actual gutter?

I brought mine back in fr leaking and the dealer put all new seals that were 2X as thick as my originals on. They work good to keep the water but, but I am noticing the welds in all my bunk corners are cracked now from the added pressure

Thanks

Styg
Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
So these are on the actual bunk ends and not on the body of the camper? Any chance of some closer pictures of the actual gutter?

I brought mine back in fr leaking and the dealer put all new seals that were 2X as thick as my originals on. They work good to keep the water but, but I am noticing the welds in all my bunk corners are cracked now from the added pressure

Thanks

Styg
They are installed on the body of the camper. In my case I made them up just to be proactive as mine have not leaked, but mostly because I needed something to clip my PUGS to at the top. My other two hybrids had LCI bunk doors that had continuous gutters and drip rails. It just seems like they should have something.

If yours leak there is a reason. Either the seals were installed wrong, something is interfering with them, the latches are not applying enough pressure, or the door is warped. There are only a few things it can be. Some common sense and maybe some experimentation with a garden hose is all it takes to find out why. They should not of had to put double thick seals on yours. How much room is there for the seal is set by the hinge pivot. I am not surprised the corners are separating on your door perimeter, because something had to give somewhere when they crammed that thicker seal in. I would not be surprised if the rivets holding the hinge together are not pulling loose from the added tension those seals have to be putting on it.

I'd be taking it back to them and asking what they are going to do about the corners coming apart. You may have to get Rockwood involved. In the dealers defense they tried to solve your problem, but evidently created a bigger one. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I paid about $1.45 a foot for mine, less than $10 each...........But since I do not want to go into the gutter business oh well. Any glazing contractor who does commercial storefront can make or have these made.

Mine are commercial grade storefront metal, .040 gauge, factory painted Kynar finish and bent with a bottom hem. Attached with 3m red molding tape and caulked in with clear Geocel Proflex RV.
I have no idea what a glazing contractor is but I guess I will be seeking one out immediately. Hopefully this will remedy the severe water leaks on all three tent beds of our 2017 Roo 233S. I'm afraid to have the dealer remedy this with thicker weather stripping which will undoubtedly cause more problems.....
Mitral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitral View Post
I have no idea what a glazing contractor is but I guess I will be seeking one out immediately. Hopefully this will remedy the severe water leaks on all three tent beds of our 2017 Roo 233S. I'm afraid to have the dealer remedy this with thicker weather stripping which will undoubtedly cause more problems.....

Glass contractor, glass shop.

Most of them do commercial store fronts. They use the bent aluminum as a filler. Many do not bend it in house but they can point you to an architectural sheet metal shop in your area. You could also try a commercial roofer. A lot of them also bend their own metal for flashings and coping, gutters etc.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:42 AM   #14
CanRoo

Do you have the measurements of the material that you used. Is it 2" X 2" or was it a stock item from your supplier. Thank you

Old 07-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #15
pxt

Quote:
Do you have the measurements of the material that you used. Is it 2" X 2" or was it a stock item from your supplier. Thank you

The aluminium was purchased by a sheet and was cut, deburd, bent, an then finished powder coat. He supplied me with double stick tape (industrial strength). I just supplied him with measurements and front gutter needed custom cuts due to the marker lights.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #16
CanRoo

Would you happen to have the measurements that were used to have the gutters mfg? Thank You

Old 07-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #17
pxt

Quote:
Would you happen to have the measurements that were used to have the gutters mfg? Thank You

It's the legnth of bunk end with a 2" overlap on each end.

Tags
bunk, water