Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

New Camper - changing sub-forums

Hello all,

While I've not been on here regularly in quite some time (life just sometimes gets in the way , I feel I must post about moving on. I do check in, just rarely post, these days. Well, our family just sold our Roo and bought a new Vibe travel trailer. Our 2011 Roo 233s was not without issues, but Forest River and the contributors to this forum have been fantastic over the years, helping us resolve issues when they arise. We absolutely loved our Roo, but it was finally time for change. We're not leaving the FR family...we were pretty set that we would go with another FR unit. We picked up our new Vibe 6/21, loaded our gear at a local campground, and set off on a week-long trip to Michigan the following day. Yes, kinda crazy Towed more than 800 miles, drove more than 1,100 total...very minor issues and the trip (and the new camper) was fantastic. Thanks, again, to everyone in this part of the forum. Being a hybrid owner (and lover) is a unique camping experience. We loved it and we loved our Roo...yes, I said it...we loved our Roo. While many only post about problems, be aware there are many who remain quiet and happy. Keep up the great work here...I'll be trolling around to see how things are going...could even answer some hybrid questions, if needed Thanks, again & Happy Camping!!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Buckeye, we also went to the Dark Side last year. We also loved our Roo and do miss the airy openness of hybrids.
We left the Hybrid world because we retired and a TT works better for 2-3 month trips.
Our Roo was well built, with few issues. At 10 years old, the inside still looked nearly new and we sold it for over half what we paid for it.
I'm still active here because I miss my hybrid and the great people that choose hybrids. We're kinda different from owners of other types of RVs.
We have a great group of hybrid owners here , who get along and are always wanting to help other hybrid owners and hybrid newbies.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #3

have a great time with your new vibe. That is the one thing about campers/RVs - there are so many different kinds out there to meet all kinds of different needs and wants (no matter how often those needs and wants change LOL)

we started in a popup which met our needs for 6 years before we moved on to the hybrid - the hybrid which we very happy with (for now).
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #4

GREAT read buckeyecmpr, thanks for posting the share!

AND yes, thanks bikendan too because I have enjoyed reading MANY of your posts they have been VERY helpful!!

We still are "holding on" and loving our ROO even though our kids are grown and not normally camping with us any longer so 3 beds is overkill. I AM however slowly growing older (and creak-ee-er for sure!) so the effort to close back up for travel has us "wondering" if its time to start thinking about jumping to the dark side.....so far however no floor plan we have walked has made us feel as open, airy and comfy as our ROO ;-)

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
Site Team

ebemis,
I still monitor the Hybrid section because I still love hybrids and enjoy helping others who choose them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #6

Looks like a good floor plan.
I've said it before, I would prefer my wall tent to a camper but the wife wants a camper so the hybrid is a nice mix. I would like to see a 5th wheel hybrid with 3 beds popping down in the rear and on each side like a big tent bunkhouse in back. Keep it low profile with more of a loft bed over the pickup bed rather than a full stand up there. I think I have better ideas for campers than are currently built, or ideas you find on some limited hand built campers put into a mass maker like Forrest River. Australia has some really clever ideas. Airstream knows what they are doing. Both of those styles cost big bucks, seems with modern manufacturing on a bigger level, Forrest River could get outside the box for more than $20k but less than the $70k those guys cost. As it stands for me the hybrids are as far outside the box they get.
Someday when I retire I'd love to hand build a couple of different campers I have in my head just to see. I have a 12" foam model of one I made sitting on the shelf above the computer right now my wife keeps bugging me about is in her way. A 12' version in the garage would be even better!
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper