Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
Site Team

new changes in 21SS

just found this post at RV.net's Hybrid forum:

Just picked up our 2016 21ss on Tuesday. There are a few changes from the first run of 2016's.
First the bathroom now has a curved glass door for the shower instead of a curtain.
The wardrobe closet next to the bathroom now faces the front of the trailer, the previous ones faced the bathroom.
The TV, radio, antenna jack ect. were originally mounted on the side wall next to the front bunk with a small counter top with drawers in front of it. Now there is a wall in front of the bunk that goes to the ceiling with the TV and radio facing kitchen area, all cable connections and outlets are now hidden behind cabinet doors. You can now longer watch TV from the front bunk. This TV with bracket is suppose to be movable to the outside of the camper however the electric cord for the TV is run behind the wall to an outlet in the cabinet, don't know how you will fish the wire back through the cabinet once you pull it out.
The dinette and sofa have switched places. As soon as you walk in the door you see the dinette and the sofa is by the bathroom. We ordered the hide-a-bed option and found out upon delivery that Forest River no longer includes the air mattress, as a matter of fact there is no mattress just a little foam with springs and a sheet of black cloth covering it. You cannot sleep on it as is, you feel all the springs and there is a 4 inch gap between the cushions that goes straight to the floor.

If I can think of any other changes I will post them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Broken Toe

Man... I can't find any pictures or anything showing the new layout.

Except for the shower door, each of those changes would be awful.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

Shower door? ?? I want! !!!!
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #4

Check "Which New 233S to Buy" dated 8/2 in this forum. Post dated 8/17 has a photo of the new curved glass shower. Note the shower pan is also curved. I assume this is the same as on the 21SS, but I've been wrong (many) times before. If this set-up will retrofit in my camper then I want one!!
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #5

Just saw this thread after I posted here. Yes the pan is curved and is the same layout as pictured in the 233s post. I had my unit on order when I saw the pictures of the 233s and sent an email to forest river asking if my trailer can be built with the glass doors, FR responded that the option was NOT available on the 21ss. Then when I picked up the unit on Tuesday it came with the glass doors. Go figure.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
If this set-up will retrofit in my camper then I want one!!
Me too, but I don't think there is any way it would fit. In the 21SS they did the same thing they did in the new IKSS - turned the wardrobe sideways to make the bathroom a few inches wider to fit the larger shower.

I had thought about finding an enclosure to fit the existing pan as well, but the sink top extends past the base of the shower, so not only would the project involve installing the doors, but cutting back the counter top as well. And with the existing pan, it would be mighty small with an enclosure.

But, still not sure I would want to take the other changes they made to the floor plan to get the new shower...

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982 Ironhead View Post
Just saw this thread after I posted here. Yes the pan is curved and is the same layout as pictured in the 233s post. I had my unit on order when I saw the pictures of the 233s and sent an email to forest river asking if my trailer can be built with the glass doors, FR responded that the option was NOT available on the 21ss. Then when I picked up the unit on Tuesday it came with the glass doors. Go figure.
if you're the one that posted this, on RV.net's Hybrid forum, i'm sorry i beat you to it.
obviously, you just joined today so welcome.
i've been on RV.net's Hybrid forum since 2005 and your name wasn't familiar there. so that's why i posted this here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #8

Yes that was me that posted in the other forum. Signed up today at this forum because I thought it would draw more interest. The last time I owned a rockwood was 20 years ago and it was pop-up.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Me too, but I don't think there is any way it would fit. In the 21SS they did the same thing they did in the new IKSS - turned the wardrobe sideways to make the bathroom a few inches wider to fit the larger shower.

I had thought about finding an enclosure to fit the existing pan as well, but the sink top extends past the base of the shower, so not only would the project involve installing the doors, but cutting back the counter top as well. And with the existing pan, it would be mighty small with an enclosure.

But, still not sure I would want to take the other changes they made to the floor plan to get the new shower...
Ah. So that is why the wardrobe direction was changed in the new IKSS. I wondered why they did that. For us, the wardrobe is it was is fine. (We have he early-model 2016.)
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote