Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #1

New here and to HTT

Hi, I'm Kristina, my dh and recently upgraded from a Fleetwood pop up to an '11 Roo 233s, we won't bring it home until the end of March, but I'm already worried about leaking seals thanks to this forum! lol Since the PUP was so low maintence, this is a little overwhelming, any tips to keep the Roo in tip top condition? Anything I should check before I tow it off the lot?

Thanks!
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Site Team

just make sure all the systems are working and nothing needs fixing.
if there are things wrong, take it back to the dealer for fixing and storage.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #3

I keep the "canvas" clean and dry. Sweep the awning as I role it back up. Check the slide roof before I put it in. In heavy rain the front bunkend was leaking and the dealer adjusted the seal. They said it wasn't in place.

Just relax and enjoy it. Under the stars with the bunk ends open and the breeze floating through or the pitter patter of the rain. Ahhhh there just isn't anything like it!!
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #4

Krista,
I too was freaked out about the seals. So after reading the forum and so forth I called Rockwood and got a hold of a guy there and he said the seals have been redesigned. You may recall some threads spoke of field kits to replace the seals with a new and improved seal. These new and improved seals are on the 11s. I am with you though, I never had a leak either in our Coleman PUP or Rvision TT and I am not looking for one now either....Welcome to the Forum...we too orderd a 233S and it could be here in a week or two!!!
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote