Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
MarcKc
 
Lyrd44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 10
New HTT

So we just bought a new 2019 Rockwood Roo 23bds. We pick it up on October 5th. Going from a popup to a TT so any advice or experiences from people who have this rig would be extremely welcome. Can't wait to get out there. 😀
__________________

Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Multi-Slacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,193
Welcome from SoCal!
__________________

__________________
2017 Forest River Sonoma 280RKS
2018 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L, 4:10 rear
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Andersen WDH / 2700 lb 2.5" Receiver

CurtPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
frank4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Port Florida
Posts: 936
Welcome from SW FL ... Enjoy
__________________
Frank & Cindy *** Rockwood Ultra Lite *** 2019 Ram *** Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies *** TST 507 TPMS *** B&W Patriot 18K *** 3.92 axle *** Goodyear Endurance *** 32 days camped 2019 *** Predator 3500
frank4711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Member
 
Luckydogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 48
Welcome from Florida
Luckydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,274
Actually you have a HTT(Hybrid Travel Trailer).
Be sure to start posting in and reading the Roo/Shamrock sub-forum.
Which is where I moved this thread.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 1,454
Have a great time with it. Recommend that you check out Popup Gizmos (PUGS) - (if you had these with your popup - then you are familiar with them). They work with the HTT.

The easiest way to close the beds is the "fan trick". Close all windows and doors to the trailer, turn on the exhaust fans on high and that pulls a vacuum (you will see the tenting get sucked in) - makes it easy to close the bunks.
__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,274
Just to let other Roo/Shamrock owners, the OP's Roo is a new floorplan. It's a regular MiniLite/MicroLite trailer with a single canvas bunk end in the rear.
Not sure if Bob at PUGs, has one for this model yet, especially it only having one bunk end.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
njfishing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 384
Came out of a pop up as well and youíre going to love the connivence of set up and tear down. Youíll also like the full size fridge and the ability to stock it all up before you leave.. As far as tips, not sure what youíre towing with but a good Weight Distribution Hitch helps a lot especially if you are towing with a half ton truck, or SUV.. As far as stocking it before you leave, you want to run the fridge a day before and get it good and cold before putting your food in it. If a short trip of a few hours or less, no need to run the fridge while on the road. If more, run it off propane.
__________________
Gerry Z
2014 Roo 21DK
Honda Ridgeline
Equalizer WDH
njfishing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM   #9
MarcKc
 
Lyrd44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just to let other Roo/Shamrock owners, the OP's Roo is a new floorplan. It's a regular MiniLite/MicroLite trailer with a single canvas bunk end in the rear.
Not sure if Bob at PUGs, has one for this model yet, especially it only having one bunk end.
I thought the BDS roos had been around for a few years? In fact our local dealer told us Rockwood had discontinued the bds floorplan although we can't find any evidence of that. This floor plan that allows our teenage daughter to have her own little area back there combined with the better build quality we saw in this length and type of trailer really sold us.
Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #10
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrd44 View Post
I thought the BDS roos had been around for a few years? In fact our local dealer told us Rockwood had discontinued the bds floorplan although we can't find any evidence of that. This floor plan that allows our teenage daughter to have her own little area back there combined with the better build quality we saw in this length and type of trailer really sold us.
It first came out in the 2018 Roo/Shamrock line.
And FR has it listed for the 2020 line.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #11
MarcKc
 
Lyrd44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
Came out of a pop up as well and youíre going to love the connivence of set up and tear down. Youíll also like the full size fridge and the ability to stock it all up before you leave.. As far as tips, not sure what youíre towing with but a good Weight Distribution Hitch helps a lot especially if you are towing with a half ton truck, or SUV.. As far as stocking it before you leave, you want to run the fridge a day before and get it good and cold before putting your food in it. If a short trip of a few hours or less, no need to run the fridge while on the road. If more, run it off propane.
TV is a 1500 Silverado with a ez lift 1000 pound WDH plus sway. Should pull pretty nicely from what I've seen here and on other forums. I'm aware of the lead time needed to get a camper fridge cold, you would think someone would put out one that gets cold faster but I guess that's the sacrifice for 2 or 3 way appliances. It is indeed going to be nice to be able to just stock the camper and even nicer they amount of gear that can just live in it.
__________________

Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


×