Old 10-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #41

As I said previously, the water tank is not really an issue for us.

What I find wrong is the sizes of both the black and grey tanks. The use of the grey tank is much greater than the black one. Why don't they make them 20/40 or even 15/45

Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
As I said previously, the water tank is not really an issue for us.

What I find wrong is the sizes of both the black and grey tanks. The use of the grey tank is much greater than the black one. Why don't they make them 20/40 or even 15/45
I am with you on that. The only hybrids I have ever seen to give you tank sizes that made sense were Aerolites and their clone brands Kodiak and more recently Coleman. We had an Aerolite 185 which had 52 fresh, 39 gray, 22black.

The 23 WS with its 36/30/30 is fine and not a dealbreaker but if mine arrives with a larger freshwater tank per that 2016 brochure I'll be happier than all get out. Its a big deal to me. I already plan on adding another freshwater tank.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #43
Summer2Go

But is the shower "space" actually bigger?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
But is the shower "space" actually bigger?

You tell me. Compare the forward edge of the shower space with the front of the bowl. On the left is the SS, forward edge of shower almost lines up with front of bowl. On right is the WS, forward edge of the shower is at least 8" in front of the bowl. The cabinet behind the toilet on the WS is is a good 8" deep or better, and the back of it aligns with the back of the shower.

The wall to the left of the toilet in the WS has been shifted curbside, hence the reason for the wardrobe cabinet slideout. I'm not sure by how much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5633000e8cbd11aa225d3764.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	93441   Click image for larger version

Name:	5634907387bd11b0231b592c.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	93442  
Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #45

I don't think the shower is bigger. We had a Palomino Stampede S238 prior to the 23ws and the shower with a seat was much bigger.
The only advantage in the Roo shower are the doors (no more hanging curtains).

Dre
Old 11-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #46

We laugh at the pounding guy as well but I will say on a different note, We bought from Haylett and they were and continue to be awesome. Others may have had a different experience but they were $3000.00 cheaper then the closest competitor when we bought our 2015 23ss. we are about 2 1/2 hours away but have no regrets about buying from them. In fact, Our local camper place actually told me good luck with my search, I wouldn't find a new one for what I was offering, Which they turned out to be correct but I was within 500.00. I have never had it back for service so I cant speak for that but I thought it was weird to have the salesman call 2 months later and ask how its going.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I don't think the shower is bigger. We had a Palomino Stampede S238 prior to the 23ws and the shower with a seat was much bigger.
The only advantage in the Roo shower are the doors (no more hanging curtains).

Dre
I assumed Summer2go asked if its bigger that the 23SS, which it is replacing. I can tell you it is and substantially to a guy like me who is 6'-4' and 230. I was in both showers a few weeks ago.

Granted these are not to scale but it clearly shows that the 23WS is bigger. Not just the shower but the entire bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e3f6951862fb617438f56e01f0af5bd7.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	93456   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf_1410.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	93457  
Old 11-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdyquibb View Post
We laugh at the pounding guy as well but I will say on a different note, We bought from Haylett and they were and continue to be awesome. Others may have had a different experience but they were $3000.00 cheaper then the closest competitor when we bought our 2015 23ss. we are about 2 1/2 hours away but have no regrets about buying from them. In fact, Our local camper place actually told me good luck with my search, I wouldn't find a new one for what I was offering, Which they turned out to be correct but I was within 500.00. I have never had it back for service so I cant speak for that but I thought it was weird to have the salesman call 2 months later and ask how its going.
I couldn't believe the service we got from Haylett...... We are in Maine and made the whole transaction online. Our salesperson (Bill McFadden) was always in contact with us from start to end informing us on everything including the best financing we could get...... the delivery cost.... etc etc.. We were aware of everything.

I would buy from them again and would refer anyone to them....Fantastic experience !

Dre
Old 11-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #49

While the water tank was not a deal breaker for us, we did end up buying a 85 gallon water tank from the local farm store. We then purchased a small pump to pump water into the TT. This makes our extended stays much much more bearable. Yes, I enjoy a shower every now and then :> )

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #50
Summer2Go

I would guess that all model Roos that upgraded to shower doors have the same size shower stalls. We were a little disappointed this year buying our first Roo, and my grown kids announced that they couldn't fit in the shower. I am sure they could if they were so inclined, but 6' guys find it pretty tight. I was thinking that sometime in the future I was going to have to get a tub model. It might be an option to get a shower door model if they are much bigger.

Tags
hybrid, modifications