Old 11-07-2015, 06:54 AM   #51

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the biggest positive is the larger shower.
the biggest negative is the loss of that great little pantry.

since it's the two of us, we rarely use the back bed. so the wardrobe slide is not a positve nor the narrow skinny-butt padded bench.

the new entertainment center is also a negative for us. our 23SS is older so having the tv hooked into the cabinet by the door, works great for us. it's visible from all angles since it's freestanding, especially from the front bunk where we usually sleep.
Now, here are our reasons for buying the 23WS...

a) Definetely the shower (no more curtains)

b) The rear bedroom and here's why: Honesty here

1- My wife and I are snorers, both in our 60's and need our sleep at night. She will use the back room, and I will use the front bed.
2- I also watch television before falling asleep, and she doesn't. For this, I will bring the antenna connections to the small cabinet at the entrance and put a small television on that cabinet at night.
3- I also wake up very early in the morning, and I will be able to use the kitchen without waking up my wife who sleeps a little longer.

As for the pantry, since we never hang clothes when we go camping, I'll make a minor mod in the wardrobe closet and use part of it as a pantry.

This hybrid is not for everyone but, it is the best one for us.

Dre

Old 11-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
Here you go::

HaylettRV.com - 2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS Hybrid UltÖ: https://youtu.be/v3KyI2zZrMI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Thanks I did not know there was and orb app to control my i33 version of the radio and now thanks to you I have the app bc of this video 😀

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #53

I just received an email, Our 23WS is scheduled to come off the line Wed Dec 9th.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #54

I'm sure you're anxious to see that Roo.....Like we were.
Unfortunately for us, we didn't have a chance to use it yet. Winter is at our door, the ADCO cover is on the Roo and we now have to wait till spring !.....But one thing I know is you will love that new camper
Old 12-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Very interesting. Here are my observations compared to the 23SS.

Pros:
- more storage than the 23SS
- much improved bathroom, shower looks more usable
- really like the new double row of LED interior lights but are there any switches on individual light fixtures so you don't have to have them all on at once?
- drawer in the cabinet beside the door; I think they borrowed the idea from a mod that a member of this forum did!
- external access doors to a couple cabinets on the curb side

Cons:
- location of entertainment system. They took away a great pantry cabinet; it's more likely to be damaged if you forget to secure it before bringing in the slideout; it's unusable from the sofa; highly likely to get dirty/greasy from the stove.
- door in rear is bad idea. Cuts off air circulation; gets in the way; a curtain would serve the purpose for privacy because that door is not sound-proof
- bench under the wardrobe slide is too narrow to be useful

For me, the entertainment system location is such a bad idea I'd stick with the 23SS. Too bad, because everything else is a net positive (but I'd get rid of the rear bedroom door).

I happen to like Joshua Winters' videos because they show you a lot more detail about the units than those 2-3 minute videos.

Agree completely. I'm not totally thrilled with the 23WS floor plan and use of interior space such as the wardrobe slide. Although we love our 23SS floor plan, if I was replacing it with another like hybrid, I would buy the 23IKSS.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #56

Everyone is entitle to their opinion........What's great for one person doesn't mean it's great for another.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
Agree completely. I'm not totally thrilled with the 23WS floor plan and use of interior space such as the wardrobe slide. Although we love our 23SS floor plan, if I was replacing it with another like hybrid, I would buy the 23IKSS.
The wardrobe slide is how they were able to make the bathroom wider to accommodate the larger shower. It also allows a linen cabinet behind the toilet. Compared to the 23SS, you still get a huge 3 door ward cabinet, a larger bathroom with linen storage cab, and a larger shower while still maintaining the same amount of room to access the rear bunk while the slide is out? I don't know why anyone wouldn't be thrilled about that?

I didn't measure it but I can tell you its a huge improvement. Something most Hybrids have been lacking is a usable size shower. They also used some thought on the overall layout. Even with both slides retracted you can still easily get to all areas of the unit. You can get past the ward slide when retracted to access the rear bunk if need be.

They did right by adding the wardrobe slide to make that happen, changing the 23SS to the 23WS. They also opened up more the of the storage to be outside accessible. That was the reason I passed on a 23ss a few years back, lack of exterior accessible storage. I'll live with the other things like TV location which is supper easy to move anyway.

To get the larger shower on the IKSS they eliminated one of the ward cabs. Same on the 233S which really hurts its storage arrangement.

The 23IKSS deal breaker for us was the amount of space you lose under the awning from the curbside slide. It only would make sense to us if we spent a substantial amount of our time inside and cooked or used the kitchen inside a lot. We do neither. I am also not a big fan of gas absorption fridges in slide outs that can not be vented through the roof.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #58

Interesting he mentions the 23WS has a 7.0 cubic foot refrigerator and freezer? Rockwood site doesn't state the size and I have the same handles on my 2015 23IKSS.

Does anyone know if the Roo I have had the same 7.0 cfoot refer/freezer?

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 12-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Interesting he mentions the 23WS has a 7.0 cubic foot refrigerator and freezer? Rockwood site doesn't state the size and I have the same handles on my 2015 23IKSS.

Does anyone know if the Roo I have had the same 7.0 cfoot refer/freezer?

2015 Roo 23IKSS

If you have the same handles as in the video, and blue LED lights inside, you most likely do have a 7.0. 7.17 actually. Look at your manual and see if its a "Renaissance" model.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #60

Ah I do have the same handles and Blue Light in the refrigerator so I must.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Tags
hybrid, modifications