Old 06-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #1

New IKSS owner and new to the Forum

Hello everyone.

After many weeks of reading, researching, browsing the net and making phone calls, we took the plunge.

Sold our Pop-Up Fleetwood Sequoia and took possession of our new 2015 Shamrock 23IKSS from Keystone RV Center in Greencastle, PA.

Have done several driveway camp outs to work out the bugs and luckily, haven't found any. Canvass are all seasoned and she is ready to go.

We are excited and looking forward to many wonderful trips we have planned. Also looking forward to being a contributor to the forum as well.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #2

Welcome to the Roo/Shamrock family.

Nights camping 2013: 15
Nights camping 2014: 22
RoamingBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #3

Welcome Carlosrod and congrats on your 2015 Shamrock 23IKSS. Wishing you many safe and memorable trips in it. We had a Fleetwood HW Hemlock pup many years ago. The year after we bought it they changed the name to Niagara. I loved that thing but only had it 3 years before we went the hybrid route.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #4

Congrats! We have a 2015 23ikss and love it. This is the second season with it and can't wait till next week-end to get her out again!

Days camped 2013 ...23
Days camped 2014....8
2006 Chevy Avalanche
2014 ROO 23IKSS
ggrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #5

Welcome Carlosrod! We purchased the 2014 model last fall and love it. We have only had about 2 weeks camping in it so far. It was great in hot Georgia weather, and no stink bugs got into this one like they did in our popup. It was also nice and warm during late fall cold and snow.

Enjoy!

Bonnie
Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #6

Oh my gosh, I seriously can't wait to get our Shamrock 23IKSS this week. It's funny to read how similar our situations are! We've been in a pop up for 10 years with our last one being a bought-new 2007 Niagara HW Pop Up. It's so much work to pack up food, clothes, etc., pop up, get to the site, load up the pop up, camp, then undo everything to come home. I can't wait for the ease of a hybrid.

Congrats on your new purchase and thanks for the comforting words that tells us we are doing the right thing. We love our PUP, but are wanting more ease while camping!
Family of 4: Hubby, me, 2 teenagers
1 Rat Terrier
duncmelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #7

Congratulations on your new trailer!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncmelsmom View Post
Oh my gosh, I seriously can't wait to get our Shamrock 23IKSS this week. It's funny to read how similar our situations are! We've been in a pop up for 10 years with our last one being a bought-new 2007 Niagara HW Pop Up. It's so much work to pack up food, clothes, etc., pop up, get to the site, load up the pop up, camp, then undo everything to come home. I can't wait for the ease of a hybrid.

Congrats on your new purchase and thanks for the comforting words that tells us we are doing the right thing. We love our PUP, but are wanting more ease while camping!

Thank you all for the well wishes. Right back at you ALL.

Duncmelamom:
We too loved our pop-up, but like you said, just too much work. I didn't mind doing it, but it just took away from time with the family. Especially during short weekend trips. We did so many of them and realized that the actual time "Camping" was too short.
Anyway, we are very busy making it our own. We put all the gear back in it and we love the extra storage space.
Good Luck with yours.

Tomorrow I will be ordering the Gizmos for it. By the way, does anyone know the measurement of the canvass?

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosrod View Post
Hello everyone.

After many weeks of reading, researching, browsing the net and making phone calls, we took the plunge.

Sold our Pop-Up Fleetwood Sequoia and took possession of our new 2015 Shamrock 23IKSS from Keystone RV Center in Greencastle, PA.

Have done several driveway camp outs to work out the bugs and luckily, haven't found any. Canvass are all seasoned and she is ready to go.

We are excited and looking forward to many wonderful trips we have planned. Also looking forward to being a contributor to the forum as well.
Congrats on the new Shamrock! Hope you had as good of an experience with Keystone RV as we did.

As far as the Gizmos go, just tell them what unit you have when you call. They are great people to work with. Had a set on our Santa Fe pup, which we moved over to our '08 Rockwood Roo 23SS. We gave them to the Roo's new owners and hope they serve them well.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #10

Congrats! I know you are loving it!
We have the Shamrock 21dk Hybrid and love it.
I have been looking at the IKSS and it looks awesome!
It may be my next upgrade.