Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #11
Site Team

As the dealer goes through the PDI on appliances, awning, plumbing ask if the manual for that appliance is in the delivery paperwork. Even if you can operate the appliance without the manual you will need it should you ever have a problem. If you are getting a WDH take a roll of colored plastic tape and use it to mark the link on the WDH chains that the dealer has set up.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:48 AM   #12

ask about winterizing, dealer will charge about$80 if you take it to them, turns out to be a simple process if you can do it yourself.

2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #13

Congrats on your new 23ss! Hopefully the weather is nice enough that you'll be able to "play" with it in your driveway for a week or two before storage. Even if you're a seasoned camper, it's nice to review and actually work through the steps required to set up and take down your new home on wheels. It's a lot of info to try and absorb all at once during the pdi.
Before you know it, you'll be thinking of all the mod's you' want to do. Enjoy!

Don't forget about the second year warranty from FR for $150.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
Congrats on your new 23ss! Hopefully the weather is nice enough that you'll be able to "play" with it in your driveway for a week or two before storage. Even if you're a seasoned camper, it's nice to review and actually work through the steps required to set up and take down your new home on wheels. It's a lot of info to try and absorb all at once during the pdi.
Before you know it, you'll be thinking of all the mod's you' want to do. Enjoy!

Don't forget about the second year warranty from FR for $150.
I will definitely go for 2nd year warranty! Ya I hope the weather holds up. Glad it wasn't ready this weekend with all the ice in the pa/nj area! Would have been a tuff ride home from Ohio. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth B Towed View Post
ask about winterizing, dealer will charge about$80 if you take it to them, turns out to be a simple process if you can do it yourself.
Hoping they give me a good run down on winterizing I think I will take care of it myself. It has been cold out here already maybe they will winterize it for me before I leave? Doubt it but it be nice
Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #16

Our dealership recorded the entire PDI and gave us a recording on a CD-R. I only have had to refer back to it once, but it's great to have.
Velosprout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
Our dealership recorded the entire PDI and gave us a recording on a CD-R. I only have had to refer back to it once, but it's great to have.
What a good idea. Sounds like great customer service.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
Wow that's great! It would be nice of rvw does that. Made the appointment this morning. 11 am on Saturday. I hope the weather holds out.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #19

1st time, spend a lot of time with the salesman, and the repair men, if you can camp their do so, that way you will find out very quickly how different things work, and can ask questions. next the roof is the most important part of the camper, the repair men will advise you on things that will keep the roof from having problems, listen carefully, also their are great products out their for roof maintenance, start as soon as you receive your camper. I also love slide out covers, they really make a big difference. Good luck and have lots of fun.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #20

walkthrough videos

RV Wholesalers has good walkthrough videos online for the Roos. Shows opening/closing the bunks, propane tanks, Jack's, water heater, all of the water & electric connections, all kinds of stuff. Search for them. I don't remember exactly where I found them when we bought (from rvw), but they are out there.
Congrats. We love our 233S.

Tags
23ss, roo