Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #1

New purchase roo 23ss

I have been reading the PDI for hybrids posted by Triguy. Good stuff! Any additional thinks to look for or to check? This is the first trailer I have purchased, I'm so exited and nervous that I my miss something. Hoping to pick up the trailer next weekend. Thank you for any and all input.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 PM   #2

You'll forget most of what they tell you and honestly they will probably miss some things. The biggest thing for a first timer is to understand how to hook up the trailer. Unhook the trailer. Setup and level. And use the electric switches and breakers. The rest should be focused on making sure there isn't anything wrong with the trailer (flaws). You'll find a lot of what you need to know about the appliances in the manuals for them or here on the forums. Since it is a hybrid, make sure they also show how to open and properly close the bunk ends, since they could be tricky, but some clever proven ideas here about turning on the fan to help pull the bunk in so it doesn't catch in the seal. Have fun and take first time pictures! !!!

Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #3

Ya that's what I was thinking as far a forgetting or possibly being overwhelmed. I will make sure that the hook up, unhooking and leveling is understood. Thanks for the pointers!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibullsAN View Post
You'll forget most of what they tell you and honestly they will probably miss some things. The biggest thing for a first timer is to understand how to hook up the trailer. Unhook the trailer. Setup and level. And use the electric switches and breakers. The rest should be focused on making sure there isn't anything wrong with the trailer (flaws). You'll find a lot of what you need to know about the appliances in the manuals for them or here on the forums. Since it is a hybrid, make sure they also show how to open and properly close the bunk ends, since they could be tricky, but some clever proven ideas here about turning on the fan to help pull the bunk in so it doesn't catch in the seal. Have fun and take first time pictures! !!!
Will definitely have pic's. Thanks for the input!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #5
Site Team

I wished I had thought about using my smartphone to video tapes parts of my PDI. Driveway camping is a great way to refresh your memory of what you learned during walk-through before your first trip. Most people will not be able to dump the tanks but you can do a dry run.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #6

For sure - camp in the yard once and try everything out. Most dealers are really good about helping you out or refreshing your memory over the phone if you run into a situation where you have questions.

Enjoy the new Roo!

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #7

Make a check list until you know what all needs to be done. Remember simple things like disconnect the electric, close glass top on stove, antenna down , roof vents shut, step up etc. You'll be fine it just takes a little time for you to get into a routine! Good luck with your new toy ...
Old 01-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #8
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by syogerst View Post
Make a check list until you know what all needs to be done. Remember simple things like disconnect the electric, close glass top on stove, antenna down , roof vents shut, step up etc. You'll be fine it just takes a little time for you to get into a routine! Good luck with your new toy ...
And make a checklist for the questions you will have. Review this thread and create a list of questions to ask during the PDI and check them off as you go. You will forget as they load your brain full of info. I love the idea of video taping. Maybe have the wife or friend do it as you paying attention to what they are telling you. Even if you don't video, maybe just record the voice conversations and leave the phone in a shirt pocket or hip clip.

Don't be too hard on yourself, what you forget, we can help with and the next thing you know, you will master the art of your Roo and helping others.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #9

Congratulations on your purchase. We loved our 23SS. People are always willing to help you at campgrounds if you ask. They love to share their knowledge. If you are not familiar with the electric brakes, have the dealer help you set up & adjust them before you leave the dealership. The video idea sounds great. We are getting a new trailer soon & we intend to do that for our PDI. Enjoy your 23SS. Ours was our first trailer too & we had no regrets. Trailer camping, but you can still enjoy the best of tent camping.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #10
RV (Not so) Noob

New TT

We picked up our (first) new 233S last June and my wife was smart enough to take iPhone pics of during the walkthrough. I've used them several times.

Lots of good tips on this forum, too.

The kids enjoyed "camping" in the driveway the first night we had it home.

Happy Camping in 2015!

Nights Camped: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, roo