Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #11
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
T5AL250V

It also has a L with a F inside the L in f in front of the fuse number but I think that might be the maker's logo. Is LF a fuse maker?
Yes... LittelFuse.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #12

Here is what it looks like
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
T5AL250V

It also has a L with a F inside the L in f in front of the fuse number but I think that might be the maker's logo. Is LF a fuse maker?

LF = Littelfuse....................I think.

Thanks a million. I figured it would be 250V rated. And its slow blow. A package of those would be a good thing to keep on hand and I also purchased a spare AC element. The T5AL fuses are 82 cents each at Digikey online, probably $8 at an RV dealer

0218005. - 218 Series - 5x20mm Fuses Cartridge Fuses from Fuses - Littelfuse
Old 06-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
Pickin' & Campin'

Specs on the Littelfuse web page **HERE**
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #15

Havercamp, I swear if anything could go wrong for you, it has.

Sorry you have such a struggle. I hope my experience goes better. However, I have learned a lot from your trials and tribulations.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmutkelaw View Post
Havercamp, I swear if anything could go wrong for you, it has.

Sorry you have such a struggle. I hope my experience goes better. However, I have learned a lot from your trials and tribulations.
Not sure but I think Mr Havercamp handed up with the worst Roo has to offer. Maybe he should have kept the first one !!!
I'm really sorry you're going through all those problems !
Old 06-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #17

Well were actually pretty happy with it. Other than some minor cosmetic things our issues were.......

The water tank supports. Now fixed and another tank added. I bet I have the only 23WS with a 78 gallon water capacity.

The fridge AC element shorting out.

The microwave went poof.

I think thats it. We spent 10 nights in it and I think I have all issues solved. Rockwood told me to take the microwave back to the dealer and have them submit for a replacement and have them submit the receipts for the fridge element and they'll reimburse me. I'm good with that.

I'm heavy into mods. Seelevel 2 tank monitors sitting here. I Have the progressive ems installed. Have new lights that are individually switched and lights for under the cabinets. Looking forward to another 10 night trip the 4th. OCs brackets and Turbs poles were awesome. They took a few good tstorms over that last trip without so much as a concern.

Believe me........I want nothing to do with that first trailer.

Two things that are eating at me though are the black awning. When its in the sun and you're sitting under it you roast in the radiant heat. The other thing is the outside storage for longer items such as chairs but I'll figure it out. May need another door on the end of rear storage / side of trailer.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #18
Head Rambler

You can use a fuse with a larger voltage rating (within reason) but not very much smaller. This has to do with the arc created upon opening. If the voltage rating is much too small the fuse can sustain an arc when it blows and continue to conduct, acting like the fuse never blew. As long as the voltage rating is at or above the supply voltage the fuse will extinguish the arc shortly after opening.

The parameters you need to pay particular attention to are the rated amperage, time constant (fast vs. slow blow) and whether is designed for AC or DC voltage.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
You can use a fuse with a larger voltage rating (within reason) but not very much smaller. This has to do with the arc created upon opening. If the voltage rating is much too small the fuse can sustain an arc when it blows and continue to conduct, acting like the fuse never blew. As long as the voltage rating is at or above the supply voltage the fuse will extinguish the arc shortly after opening.

The parameters you need to pay particular attention to are the rated amperage, time constant (fast vs. slow blow) and whether is designed for AC or DC voltage.

Thanks, I think the slow or fast blow could be important since it is for the heating element? I just want to not have to deal with blowing fuses and spend my time dealing with beer.

Its concerning that Dometic could not tell me the size, and what info they did send me was incorrect. The Dometic fridges we have had in the past always had lots of information and the parts breakdowns and other service info in the manual or availible on their website. Not so for this new and improved imported model. I hope this does not become the status quo for them?

Tags
dometic, fridge, fuse, rockwood