NEW ROO 17 Love It but Some Questions
I got my Roo 17 delivered on Friday and so far everyone loves it, including me.
I will admit when I went inside the first time with everything closed up it felt small but once opened and set up it was perfect.
We are not big motor home people but I got this HTT because my wife has a bad back and is not much of a tent camper and I want us to be able to go on family camping trips together. The good news is she loves it too.
I left the bunk ends open all weekend and we had a pretty good downpour this weekend (by West coast standards) and I am happy to report there was not a single leak!!
1. Heated Mattress. Seems a little starnge to have to have the cord extended to the plug near the cabinet. Curious as to why they didn't put plug closer? Any thoughts on maybe mounting a power strip closer to where the mattress would plug in?
2. Installing levels. I purchased some small exterior levels for leveling the trailer. I understand I need to use a carpenter's level to level the trailer side to side and front to back before installign these but where do I put them? One right in the middle of the front for side to side and one in the middle on the side?
3. Outside BBQ. My unit came with the outside BBQ which is pretty cool but is there any problem operating this BBQ so close to the exterior? I am worried the heat will cause some problems with the exterior finish.
4. Rear Bumper. I understand a bike rack on the rear bumper is not recommended but could I put anything else ont he bumper? I was thinking of adding a small container that would hold firewood, kindling, etc. Is this ok as long as the total weight doesn't exceed 150lbs?
5. Trailering. Our main tow vehicle has brake controller, tow package, etc and is no problem towing. My 2011 5.7L V8 Tundra also no problem but I need to get brake controller and 7pin installed. My Tundra manual says no WDH necessary unless trailer weight exceeds 5000 lbs. The dry weight of the Roo 17 is just over 3000 lbs. Even fully loaded it will not exceed 4000 lbs. Towed around a little this weekend and did not have any issues. Am I ok just installign some friction sway control? If so, any recommendations?
6. Exterior Locks. These kind of stink. You have to use your key each time you want to close. I would prefer locks that you upen and then can close without a key, like a push button lock. Is it pretty easy to change these out?
7. Bikes-since no bike rack, my thought was to wrap each bike in a moving blanket like you get from u-haul and then set the bikes on top of the dinette sofa when it is in the position for sleeping. Seems like this will nto be a problem? Any thoughts?
I am sure more stuff will come up but that's all I have for now!!
THANKS. By the way, even though we did not need to take on another monthly payment right now I think this is a great investment for our family and I am glad I went ahead with it. My 13 year old daughter and her friend spent all weekend in the trailer watching movies and loved it.