Old 03-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #41

We just got home from a quick 2 day shakedown cruise at Sweetwater Regional Park. Nice place, we will definitely be back when we are actually looking for a quick weekend getaway. As for the Roo, what a great camper!

We tested out every system and everything worked well. There were a couple of hiccups (my fault) and a little condensation the second night when I decided to take a shower before bed and my wife decided to use the heater. I will be getting pugs and reflectix before our first real trip in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, all went well.

I made a few observations after two nights in the Roo:

1. There is so much room. Even with four of us there was plenty of room.

2. I am so glad we waited for one with the shower doors. I would never have tried to shower in the old shower.

3. What's up with all the false wall dividers in the storage compartments? I have to remove one this afternoon to get my air compressor back. (It's a long story, but the quick version is that I am an idiot).

4. We need to create a setup and tear down checklist.

5. My wife wants to create inventory sheets to place on the inside of each storage compartment door so our packing will be more organized.

6. I really liked the heated mattresses.

7. We had low water pressure in the bathroom sink. Every place else had good pressure. Any ideas? I am going to check the faucet aerator to see if it just needs a cleaning. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

8. My daughters loved folding the dinette into a bed so they could watch a movie before going to sleep.

9. I was a little disappointed our site was level because I wanted to try out our new Anderson Levelers.

10. We are so glad we made this purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDPadsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #42

Looks GREAT!! Enjoy and congratulations.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #43

I experienced the opposite low pressure issue. I took both aerators off and found some piping debris in both and a restrictor in the kitchen faucet. Once the restrictor was removed I was able to get excellent water pressure.
Enjoy your Roo!

2000 Ford F250 Super Cab 7.3L Powerstroke
Afguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:24 PM   #44

There's a divider at each end of the rear storage compartment to protect the tail light wiring. BUT, it could have been done a lot better, give you more room, and still protect the wiring.

Several of us have added a shelf to the triangle cabinet by the door. I don't have a pic of mine, but here's another guys.

Also threw in some pics of the window I put in the gas bottle cover so I could see the regulator with the bunk down.

And of course, the fence post for stinky slinky mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corner Cab Shelf.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	102451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane #1.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	102452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane #2.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	102453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane #4.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	102454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane #6.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	102455  

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #45

How did the Tacoma do pulling the Roo?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
There's a divider at each end of the rear storage compartment to protect the tail light wiring. BUT, it could have been done a lot better, give you more room, and still protect the wiring.

Several of us have added a shelf to the triangle cabinet by the door. I don't have a pic of mine, but here's another guys.

Also threw in some pics of the window I put in the gas bottle cover so I could see the regulator with the bunk down.

And of course, the fence post for stinky slinky mod.

I think they changed the design of the triangle cabinet on the 2016s because it opens to the other cabinet and the shelf goes all the way across now. I like the propane cover idea. I may have to try that. I'm also considering the fence post mod. So far the only mod we have done is add some of those 3M hooks for towels, but I know there will be more as we get to know it a little better.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
How did the Tacoma do pulling the Roo?

So far we have only stayed in San Diego county and haven't attempted any exceptionally large hills. We're going up to Carpenteria State Beach near Santa Barbara in a couple of weeks which is about 4 hours away, but doesn't have much climbing. That should give us a fair idea of how it does on Southern California freeways (and with LA traffic) the first real climb we are going to have is in May when we are going up the hill to Julian (about a 5,000 ft climb).

All that being said, the Tacoma did very well so far. In fact, with the WDH I felt it towed better than our old popup. I certainly knew it was back there, but the ride was amazingly smooth. We just took it nice and slow. Better to be safe than sorry.

Tags
roo