Old 06-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
New Roo 19, missed tear in canvas

Hi all,

We were super-happy to pick up a brand new roo 19 on Friday. Of course, after we got it home, we found that we missed a tear on one of the slide-out canvas ends.

It's small, but it is on the roof. Attached a quick picture from the inside. It's about the width of a fingernail, but can definitely see where water has got in during the 'seasoning'.

Some quick questions on this for you all:
  • I assume this should be covered under warranty? Even though we missed it on the walk-through?
  • If under warranty, what ways can I temporarily fix this to prevent water damage?
  • Would it be better to permanently fix this myself vs. time/effort of warranty? And if I do this, would it void the warranty?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

ebob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Yes it should be a warranty item. Make sure you let them know quick so they don't think you did it. I would ask for it to be fixed under warranty with a new tent end. Then get permission to put a temporary fix on it until the tent comes and in and can be replaced.

2008 F150 v8 5.4
2015Rockwood Roo 23SS

2015 Nights Camping: 39
2016 Reserved: 23
Davylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
WARRANTY...and don't expect a fast reply....On April 9th we stepped into our future unit for the 1st time, seen the pinhole in the tent end, pointed it out to the salesman and was told it would be fixed, We went and got the paperwork done and it was ours. April 13th We arrived for our PDI Walkthru....holes there and not patched....they are waiting on the tent end.....OK....
several phone calls need.... more pictures....YESTERDAY I get a phone call that they NOW have approved for the replacement and it will be SOON as I send them a picture of the front decal because they may have to replace the bunk?????
Good luck
2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote