Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

New Roo 23ws Floorplan

Anyone see the new Roo 23ws floor plan yet? Looks to be a nice layout. Bathroom looks to be a little bigger with a second rear door side wardrobe slide out.

Pic of it here

Albany RV - View our RVs
scor1pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #2

I have seen it "in the flesh". A few months ago when I toured the factory to pick out the floorplan we wanted to order they had one sitting outside when we pulled up. They also had one being built inside that we were allowed to walk in. I noticed it immediately and realized it was different due to the mini wardrobe slide. The back bunk area is set up like it's own room with the door just outside the wardrobe.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

I saw this floorpan yesterday at the dealership. I was hoping that maybe the new 23' version would be better from a weight perspective. They don't have weight specs for it. But to be honest, it wouldn't work for my wife and I as we don't need the separated bedroom space in the back. In fact, we may often leave the back bed folded up and just use the front for the light it lets in. My guess is that if you have a teenager they may like their private space back there.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #4

BTW, did you notice that the black and white image of a trailer in the upper right of that web page is mostly certainly not a Roo. Not sure what it is. It looks like the Jayco rear slider with the king size bed or one of the models from Outback with a rear slide. But it doesn't show a fold down bed in the front. Weird.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #5

Yup. And the interior photos don't match the floor plan either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Going by the floorplan image, it's simply a 23SS with a new wardrobe slideout and curved shower.
And there are Roo/Shamrocks with a hard sided rear bed slide, but they aren't a hybrid since they have no canvas.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #7

The first two pics are the 21BD.... Anxious to take delivery on mine so I've been staring at those photos often!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 AM   #8

Yes, I did notice that the pics didn't match the floor plan. Anxious to see if the shower is indeed any bigger or not. Will have to check this out in person once the model starts showing up at various dealers.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:38 AM   #9

That extra door seems like it would be a pain and often more of a nuisance than a benefit. Maybe in person it is more useful than it appears.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #10
Canadian Member

Compared to the 23SS, it adds:
- wardrobe slide in front wall, moving the same storage outward, although in the 23SS that wardrobe and closet goes down to the floor so does the slideout have less storage?
- bench in front of and under the new wardrobe slide
- linen closet behind toilet

I'm not sure what advantage the wardrobe slide gives you, but I'm not a fan of decreasing the useable space under the awning. Is there supposed to be a TV mounted on the wall opposite the slide because I don't understand the bench otherwise.

Adding the linen closet behind the toilet might actually make it even more cramped in the bathroom (the bathroom is the only part of the 23SS floor plan that isn't relatively spacious).

I'd have to see it in person to know how it feels.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #11

The rear bunk area is the warmest area during hot summer months in our 23ss. I'd hope the engineers placed more than one a/c vent for the back bed area.

We now leave the back vent wide open on the a/c itself to assist in cooling off the area back there as well as making sure the thermostat actually triggers the a/c to turn off and not have the coils freeze up (that's been a continuous problem until we started leaving that main vent open 100% of the time).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I'm not sure what advantage the wardrobe slide gives you
Hard to tell from the floorplan, but looks like it gives you a "real" shower.

Putting the wardrobe in the slide makes the bathroom wider. The mostly useless shower in ours (and most of the Roo floorplans) is really about the only thing I wish was better.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #13

Ah, well that would be a really cool improvement if that is the case. The bench could be nice, too...just for putting on socks, collecting your thoughts in a "serenity now!" moment, or sending your spouse to the bench when you need a replacement. It better not cut down on the cross-ventilation though...that is the best part of being in a hybrid!

Now I kind of want to see it.

*EDIT* Hold the boat...where is the food pantry?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #14
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoldwood View Post
The first two pics are the 21BD.... Anxious to take delivery on mine so I've been staring at those photos often!
Bottom 3 are a 21ss

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #15
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Good catch! I hadn't notice that.

Looks like they moved the entertainment center to be beside the stove/oven and deleted the pantry storage. That's a terrible change. Having the entertainment center between the entry door and the front bunk is a perfect spot for it IMO.

The wardrobe-shirt closet combination in the 23WS is probably very similar to the wardrobe-pantry beside the rear bed in the 23SS, so I would think there wouldn't be much loss of storage in that area, but the 23SS's pantry beside the stove is a great feature that's not in the 23WS.

The new door that's hinged beside the refrigerator will probably almost always be left open unless there is an AC ceiling vent in that area, so I'm not sure if anyone would consider it an improvement over the 23SS. As RooVader said, it would be a negative to reduce air movement to the rear bed area.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Ah, well that would be a really cool improvement if that is the case. The bench could be nice, too...just for putting on socks, collecting your thoughts in a "serenity now!" moment, or sending your spouse to the bench when you need a replacement. It better not cut down on the cross-ventilation though...that is the best part of being in a hybrid!

Now I kind of want to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Good catch! I hadn't notice that.

Looks like they moved the entertainment center to be beside the stove/oven and deleted the pantry storage. That's a terrible change. Having the entertainment center between the entry door and the front bunk is a perfect spot for it IMO.

The wardrobe-shirt closet combination in the 23WS is probably very similar to the wardrobe-pantry beside the rear bed in the 23SS, so I would think there wouldn't be much loss of storage in that area, but the 23SS's pantry beside the stove is a great feature that's not in the 23WS.

The new door that's hinged beside the refrigerator will probably almost always be left open unless there is an AC ceiling vent in that area, so I'm not sure if anyone would consider it an improvement over the 23SS. As RooVader said, it would be a negative to reduce air movement to the rear bed area.
The loss of pantry and relocation of the entertainment center are definitely draw backs to what I would consider and excellent floor plan for my needs/wants. If weren't for those I think I would be pushing the order button pretty soon. Will have to wait and see for myself when I can though. The door I would imagine could always be removed.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #17

Yeah, large bathrooms are great but I wouldn't want it at the expense of a food pantry.

If they can ever figure out a way to give me the DK bathroom, a sofa and dinette, a full outdoor kitchen with sink, fridge and tv mount...and keep it at 23ish feet....well, i will take a financial bloodbath and trade so fast your head would spin. I know it is possible...with just the right slides...and the right creativity.

Build it...and he will come.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Yeah, large bathrooms are great but I wouldn't want it at the expense of a food pantry.

If they can ever figure out a way to give me the DK bathroom, a sofa and dinette, a full outdoor kitchen with sink, fridge and tv mount...and keep it at 23ish feet....well, i will take a financial bloodbath and trade so fast your head would spin. I know it is possible...with just the right slides...and the right creativity.

Build it...and he will come.
Lol, thats quite the list. Not sure it would all fit in the 23ish foot length.

Come to think of it, are there any hybrids over 23'? Don't recall seeing any, wonder why the limit.?.?
Old 07-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scor1pion View Post

Come to think of it, are there any hybrids over 23'? Don't recall seeing any, wonder why the limit.?.?

Oh, it is possible. I just sketched it out on paper. Bam. Done. Put it into production. It is a 3 foot longer DK...and it is spectacular!

Forest River, when you build the 23DSE (Dark Side Edition), make sure you only offer it in wood grain floors and black/charcoal fabrics. Also make sure there are blue lights in the outdoor kitchen. Please and thank you. Also I would like one at cost in exchange for my elaborate paper sketch that will give you everything you need to build it.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:17 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scor1pion View Post

Most of the major hybrid manufacturers made longer hybrids at some time.
Most were quad bunkhouse models.
But when FR came out with the the 3 bed models, which immediately became more popular, the quad bunkhouse models slowly were dropped.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo